Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Hospital

Re: Hospital

sending you hugs karen
    luv debera

Oh Karen,

I'm so sorry this is not what you want, and I can only say what has already been said.

There are times when what we want isn't what we need...... and times when what we need isn't what we want. This occasion is obviously the latter of the two.

As Piglet says, the alternative to voluntarily going for this stay just doesn't bear thinking about - and we all want what's best for you.

Sending you lots of love and hugs

Karen

Im thinking of you hun, and sending you lots of love be strong

Love

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Thinking of you, be strong.

Has there been any news of Karen since she posted this???

Piglet???

Anyone???

Luv Kaz x x x

Thank you for all the messages of support. I don't know when it will happen. My doctor told me wrote to them tonight to assess me next week.

She said I cannot do it alone.

I pleaded with her and said I'll really try to gain weight this week. I want to give up but Nigel is encouraging me to eat more.

I'm concerned though about being to eat enough whem I've been having only 200 calories at most per day.

Will I get refeeding? Nigel keeps suggesting things like build up drinks or Complan but that is a bad idea. I cannot eat lots of bulk so now I'm thinking of anything that has calories but isn't filling. Those are probably too much.

I'm in a panic I'll do it for one week but maybe that's all I need to stay out of hospital so I can do it properly. I don't want loads of really bad and gfattening stuff.

Karen xx

Karen

Sending you good luck wishes and I hope things work out for the best for you.

Take care

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Karen,

The build-up drinks might help. I have another condition which causes me to lose weight sometimes, and my Doctor told me to use them to help keep my weight up. They are just a powder that contains all the nutrients you need and you add them to whole or semi-skimmed milk. They are quite nice and you can just take sips slowly throughout the day. They won't make you feel too full if you drink them like that.
    Also, fruit is a good way to eat something without feeling too full. Have you tried any of those 100% fruit smoothies? They taste gorgeous and are good for you too.
    I know you will hate this suggestion, but when I feel a bit light headed I sometimes eat chocolate because it makes me feel better quickly, and doesn't make me feel full up.
    If you are brave enough to try a proper meal, salads, omalettes and fish are very nutritious without making you feel full.

Good luck with whatever you try hun. I know it's really difficult and I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx
    Last edited by shoegal; 09-11-07 at 23:13.

Hey Karen

Nigels idea sounds spot on!!!

Complan isent bulky just strawberry or whatever flavoured milk or you can mix it with water its 250 cals a glass!!!

However I personally dont think you should try and gain to avoid hospital.....it either has to be a long term thing or not!!!

Please keep us posted and take care

Luv Kaz x x x

Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear this sis I know you do not want to go into hospital. However I also want you to get well and healthier and you can't go on as you have been as you are at a very dangerously low weight now and barely eating. To be fair you have made alot of effort this week with eating but you still need to be eating more so maybe you do need professional help with this now. To be honest I worry what will happen to you if you carry on as you are and don't get the help - I don't want to lose you and I'm sure no one else does

Eating more and Nigel's suggestions are good but like Kaz said it needs to be a long term thing not a quick fix to stay out of hospital. Even if you stay out of hospital now, as soon as you lose again you'll be back in this situation again so this needs to be a long term commitment ideally.

I don't particularly agree with you being admitted just for refeeding however - yes your body does need calories, nutrients and to gain weight BUT you so desperately need some proper help with the root causes of all this and the medical issues you now have too. I hope if you do get admitted you get proper support this time, you so deserve it.

Whatever happens I hope it works out for you, and if you are admitted let me know where you are and I will keep in touch like I did last time ok Whatever happens you can do this, it might not be easy but it will be worth it if it gives you a better quality of life. Let's be honest the way you are now and the anorexia is making you very miserable and unhappy and your life could be so much better. I just want the best for you and for you to be well and happy

Thinking of you You have so many of us behind you, supporting you and there for you.

Lisa x

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information