Thread: Echo results- Mild Diastolic Dysfunction

Echo results- Mild Diastolic Dysfunction

Due to an increase in PVC's these past few months I got the updated tests. Halter- normal with only PVC's showing up under 2% of the time no treatment needed, ECG normal, and echo normal other than the report of mild diastolic dysfunction. I have done as much research as I can. So far it looks like it can be kept at bay by healthy diet, weight loss, controlling BP, and exercise. Of course I want to get on a more healthy path for many reasons. But the result is still stressing me out. Anyone else get this? If so any helpful insight. No one seems to care but me. Cardiologist had no recommendations other than follow up at my appt half a year away.

Re: Echo results- Mild Diastolic Dysfunction

Can I ask what you are worried about if a cardiologist isn't?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I guess I am trying to find out if this results is common. Or a bit more about it. But you are right I should not obsess on something they basically did not even tell me. I read the report myself to see that results.

Quote Originally Posted by serina View Post
    Due to an increase in PVC's these past few months I got the updated tests. Halter- normal with only PVC's showing up under 2% of the time no treatment needed, ECG normal, and echo normal other than the report of mild diastolic dysfunction. I have done as much research as I can. So far it looks like it can be kept at bay by healthy diet, weight loss, controlling BP, and exercise. Of course I want to get on a more healthy path for many reasons. But the result is still stressing me out. Anyone else get this? If so any helpful insight. No one seems to care but me. Cardiologist had no recommendations other than follow up at my appt half a year away.
    And your Doctor studied for a decade. Randomly reading stuff on the internet isn't research.

Worry about it when your Doctor does, s/he 'doesn't care' for a reason.

My doctor lives on Google, I'm not joking. But yes, a cardiologist knows far more than any of us ever could. And he's not worried, so neither should you.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I have grade 1 diastolic dysfunction but my cardiologist doesn’t seem to be worried about. It showed up on my echo in 2017 and again just last week both times grade 1. My ejection fraction is also 75%, a bit ion the high side but she said it was because of the diastolic dysfunction.
    I know that it just means that your heart doesn’t relax when it’s supposed to. I wouldn’t go looking it up on Google cause it says things there that may not apply to you. It’s common in people with uncontrolled high blood pressure but I don’t have high blood pressure so it’s not the reason for everyone. My doctor said it happens with age and she isn’t worried in the slightest so if you’re doctor also isn’t concerned in your case like mine it’s probably nothing to worry about at this time.

Thread Information