Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowel issues

Bowel issues

Back again in a panic!! For the past few months I have been suffering from bouts of constipation. I have had the odd bout in the past but not like now! This past week I have hardly gone to the toilet. I am in a right panic (again I know! Sorry&#128542. Everything points to bowel cancer. I am 50. There must be something in my bowels blocking them. I do not have black or red stools. And no weight loss. But this constipation is not normal😞. I am finding it hard to function and terrified to see a doctor !

Re: Bowel issues

Ha ! Now funny you should bring this up as was just discussing exactly this matter with somebody on private message. At 50 years old, I would put money on it being hormone related. I don't know where you are in the 'menopause game' but since I stopped periods for many months at a time I am the same as you, its a known problem for 'women of a certain age'.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Ha ! Now funny you should bring this up as was just discussing exactly this matter with somebody on private message. At 50 years old, I would put money on it being hormone related. I don't know where you are in the 'menopause game' but since I stopped periods for many months at a time I am the same as you, its a known problem for 'women of a certain age'.
    My periods are more or less non-existent! I had one in September and more recently one in February!

There we go, same as me (I'm 52), and same problem as me exactly.If you take a look at menopause literature, or forums, its listed right up there with perimenopause/menopause problems. So, lets be honest here, it doesn't point to bowel cancer or blockage Low oestrogen and progesterone slow down the bowel function - we just need to find a dietary answer, and trust me I'm looking and trying. You can always chat through with your GP, you can get something to help at the pharmacist or some stool-bulking agent prescribed too.

https://www.healthywomen.org/content...-are-you-no-go

Thank you Carys. Really appreciate it xx

Hi. Sorry to say my health anxiety is out of control ! I am still very constipated . I managed to go a bit today and I found a small black fleck on the tissue (apologies tmi!). This must be blood! It must be BC. Sorry for being such a pest and neurotic😞

....but.....why must it be ? You've had a perfectly reasonable explanation, which is the same reason I have the same problem which has been ongoing for months. Read up on it, its known about during this time of life, surely you should feel relief knowing that there is a valid reason, up your fibre significantly. A black 'fleck' is most likely to be some partially digested food.

I know, I’m sorry😞. I read what you write and I am convinced there is nothing wrong but suddenly something happens , like with this black fleck ,and it goes topsy turvy! Thank you for taking your time to help me. I am so fed up of these health anxiety cycles. But then my brain will think what if this time it is the real thing!

If you examine your stools meticulously you will find all sorts of flecks and bits and pieces.

It's your choice but it's best to flush and go. Imagine what your GP would say if you told him/her about this. Black, tarry stools can't be missed. "Flecks" won't be noticed by people who don't have bowel-related HA.

Sorry but my bowel worries are back. After 3 months of being ok. I have a constant pain on my left side. I also get leg pain. I am getting upper right pain too. So going bananas between my bowel and liver worries. My stools are pale too (sorry tmi)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information