Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terrified of the vaccine — can you share your experience?

Re: Terrified of the vaccine — can you share your experience?

Not yet, Dee, but I've heard that with the AZ, you tend to get less of a reaction to the second than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee62 View Post
    I have to say, I'm terrified of booking my second AstraZenica jab. The day after my first one I had awful dizziness, nausea, diarrhoea and slight temperature. But I need to have it in the next 11 days. It's the dizziness that frightens me most, it makes me feel so disorientated.

Dee
    Hi Dee, I know it’s scary but most people have said that the 2nd dose was much better than the first. It’s more like a booster really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also afraid of the vaccine, I want Pfizer, but I am afraid that it will unleash something in me that's broken and I'll be gone. I have an autoimmune disorder so I don't know. But I am terrified of the virus so I'll get the vaccine if they call me before I catch it. I hope I'll live to get it. My HA is extremely bad since this pandemic started.

I just got my 1st dose of Pfizer today, and the vaccine itself was fine. Right after I got the vaccine, I went into the waiting area. Everyone must wait under observation for 15-30 minutes. After about 5 minutes, my arm that received the jab felt warm, and I started to feel very lightheaded. My 15 min time was up, so I asked to stay longer. I ended up staying for 45 minutes, and the medical assistant checked me over before I left.
    Pretty sure it was anxiety/minor panic attack (it reminded me of panic attacks I've had in the past, but much less intense).
    For my second dose, I am having someone come with me because I think that will help keep me calm.

Bottom line- vaccine experience itself was totally fine. It was my own health anxiety issues that ended up causing symptoms.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

It was my own health anxiety issues that ended up causing symptoms.
    So honest and aware, and the first person I think I've seen on here throughout the vaccinations discussion who has talked about this happening; the mind is a powerful thing and can certainly cause you to feel incredibly 'real' feelings. This is what so many with HA never understand, that the body can be controlled by the mind in a negative way. Think of those who can hold their breaths under water for extraordinary long times and train their heart beat to go lower, those who end up with severe physical 'illnesses' that cause them to be unable to use their legs and live in wheelchairs - the human mind and not a physical problem. I thank you for your feedback here, as it should remind many anxious people of the real issue.

Yes it's great insight, Melonpony and hopefully others will benefit from your honesty when they read your post. You've made a very significant contribution to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonpony View Post
    I just got my 1st dose of Pfizer today, and the vaccine itself was fine. Right after I got the vaccine, I went into the waiting area. Everyone must wait under observation for 15-30 minutes. After about 5 minutes, my arm that received the jab felt warm, and I started to feel very lightheaded. My 15 min time was up, so I asked to stay longer. I ended up staying for 45 minutes, and the medical assistant checked me over before I left.
    Pretty sure it was anxiety/minor panic attack (it reminded me of panic attacks I've had in the past, but much less intense).
    For my second dose, I am having someone come with me because I think that will help keep me calm.

Bottom line- vaccine experience itself was totally fine. It was my own health anxiety issues that ended up causing symptoms.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    An interesting post, and thank you for both being so candid and for sharing it with us. Hopefully it'll set some minds at ease here.

We got our 2nd dose of the Pfizer on the 22nd. My wife had a sore arm and that was about it. I had the sore arm and felt pretty yuck yesterday but today is much better. Pretty much like the Flu vaccine TBH.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information