Thread: Pressure behind head and tension headache

Pressure behind head and tension headache

Started to have more frequent tension headaches along with a feeling of pressure at the back of my head just below my scalp. When I touch on the muscles below my head, they are a bit tender. I have had headaches in the past, but these have increased in frequency. The intensity of these headaches are low, however, as I've had much worse headaches in the past. These are just like a nagging pressure. Of course, googling these symptoms leads to a brain mass, so I try not to think about that. I've also felt a bit nauseous and maybe a little off balance, but am able to go about my life. I have been very stressed the past couple weeks as I'm going through some major life changes, so I'm thinking this may be the result of stress as well. Anyone else have similar symptoms and did it go away? I'm not sure what to do - I'm 25 years old and know I'm very young.

Re: Pressure behind head and tension headache

Stress leads to muscle tension which leads to the dull ache in your neck you feel. The rest, nausea, off balance, are common anxiety symptoms.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes I had this a few weeks ago. Same symptoms as yours, with neck pain and inner ear aching. Dreadful pressure in my temples, around my eyes and face in general. I get this on and off and always at periods of high stress. I tend to clench my jaw and that tightens everything up. The only relief I can get is if I lie down and consciously try and relax my face muscles, my jaw and neck. Heat pads like a wheat bag help too. However, until I am mentally less stressed does mine ever really go away. I really hope this helps and you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna3104 View Post
    Yes I had this a few weeks ago. Same symptoms as yours, with neck pain and inner ear aching. Dreadful pressure in my temples, around my eyes and face in general. I get this on and off and always at periods of high stress. I tend to clench my jaw and that tightens everything up. The only relief I can get is if I lie down and consciously try and relax my face muscles, my jaw and neck. Heat pads like a wheat bag help too. However, until I am mentally less stressed does mine ever really go away. I really hope this helps and you feel better soon!
    lovely advice. I know it’s not my post, but I’m suffering with neck and head tension. So I’m going to try wheat bags. Thankyou x

http://Instagram.com/made_brightly

Thread Information