Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear of cadmium poisoning

Re: Fear of cadmium poisoning

Sorry about the eye stabbing and the upset.
    On the positive side, look at all the days & mishaps recently that you HAVE got through. It might have seemed tough at the time but you got through them and that should show you that you are stronger than you think you are.

But yes also, speak to your nice doctor. Is he putting you on different medication?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's such a bonus to find a GP who is actually interested in sorting out a dodgy meds regime and taking care of his patient..and who actually has time to try to understand his patient's needs, both mental and physical. He sounds very approachable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Thanks. I'm almost in tears at the moment, but even work isn't providing enough of a distraction.

I need a different, safer hobby.
    PM, I'm sorry you're struggling buddy. If its any consolation, I am too but that's for a different thread. OK hobbies. You have a garden I seem to remember. Gardening is so rewarding and I don't mean mowing the lawn and raking leaves. I mean growing plants from seed, nurturing them and seeing them respond to your care. Then seeing bees thanking you for providing pollen and knowing you're helping the natural world.

Whatever you choose to do, hang in there mate and know you're not alone.

Just a quick reply to all you lovely people.

I'm feeling better at the moment and am shortly off to bed - I have to be up at 5 for my commute down south.

Funnily enough, last summer I got back into the garden and started to enjoy it again: the garden was Mrs. PM's 'thing' so I thought it'd be a nice (and visible) way to keep her memory alive.

I'm planning on speaking to the new GP in the next month or so as a follow-up to the recent changes; the blood pressure has settled down to a consistent, if somewhat high figure (135/75) but it's this non-stop cycle of anxiety I need to break; as soon as I've got past one thing, I seem to find another

It was one of these that caused the problem, by the way: I found it had a bit of woodworm in it so in an effort to treat it properly, I had to dismantle it...

bushtv24-555x434.jpg

I imagine that you thoroughly enjoy dismantling and fixing stuff though? It must give you a huge sense of achievement?

My dad kept up his garden in memory of my mum. He was never keen on gardening before but wanted the upkeep to be a tribute to her. Maybe you might enjoy some peaceful and reflective times in your garden again this Spring and Summer? I know how hard it is to manage constant anxiety and a restless mind though.

Hope your day at work is a better one today.

So far, ticking over nicely - sausage bap has been consumed, coffee is being drunk. Long day ahead though...

Of course, with gardening there's the fear of poisonous plants/cuttings (Laurel comes to mind, there's a few of those) or tetanus...

Foxgloves too PM, along with delphiniums, hellebores and aquilegias. However two of the heavyweights of the plant toxicity ratings are deadly nightshade (atropa belladonna) and monkshood (aconitum). The latter was used on the tips of arrowheads where it got its name 'wolfsbane'.

Can you get a blood test done for this? At least then you can know if there is any in your system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information