Quote Originally Posted by Buttonshutton View Post
Hi.
Sorry just seen this.
They suggested polymyalgia to me too now. Well actually I suggested to doctor after a family member saw me trying to get up on the beach from a sitting position snd said she's had that. She described all to a t!
Shoulders neck stiffness. Upper arm weakness can't fasten bra etc. Standing up difficult as thighs hips hurt but once up amd walk feel better. All fits. Easily treated with steroids. I suggested to doctor he said does fit but he dismissed due to my age initially plus wasn't in my shoulders then at the beginning either. I'm 51 on September. It's more typical in over 60's. But as no specific test he had to take bloods to rule out Other things which I'll find out tomorrow. One being rhumatoid arthritis one being Lupas another myeloma which course I'm panicking about. Says he doubts it just has to check to rule out.
My suggestion of the vaccine was greeted with can't know for years not enough data
Started me on steroids once taken the blood. Response to them is another indicator of polymyalgia.
Think I'm responding four days In but I expected miracles. I can lift arms up higher now though amd get up without shuffling so fingers crossed.
Pretty sure tumours do show on X-ray. Try not to worry. Ha says me. Chief worrier.
I wonder how the original poster is getting on ? Much love to you both
My doctor doesn’t suggest steroid yet.

In regard to acupuncture, I tried first time yesterday. Been 24hrs my neck and shoulder pain dropped significantly. Don’t even know if’s mental or true effect of acupuncture.

Then 24hrs after acupuncture, I feel pain behind my knee on the left only when walking. This left side was where he had needles placed in my ear, feet, hand and shoulder. Not sure if related or not.

One thing after another. Anxiety loves it :(