Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost our dog today :(

Re: Lost our dog today :(

Hey all, he's ok thanks. I think he's feeling a bit guilty, which is expected, but we've explained it's not his fault. It could have happened to anyone.

The other dog is very lonely. My partner slept on the sofa with her to keep her company. She knows her Mom has gone, not sure if she knows she's died. Definitely acting different. We don't usually allow the dogs on the sofa, but put a blanket on there as she doesn't seem to want to sleep in her crate where she usually sleeps.

I'm a bit gutted because in the moment my partner said "You didn't care about them anyway you wanted me to get rid of them". Which isn't true, I said if she can't clean the dog mess it's best to rehome them so we don't get evicted and our son has no home. She agreed when she got them to clean the dog mess as it's not something I can do. I vomit. I didn't want dogs but said it's cool if she keeps the garden clean and I'll help out with the rest. But, I understand she is upset and angry about this situation. Just got to me a little. I think it's because I deal with loss differently. I'm not the type to get visibly upset or show any emotion at all. I know people can misinterpret that but of course I cared. I used to take them on walks, she was my friend and was loyal to me. Every time I made a cup of tea I'd have a play with her. Kind of feel like I'm not allowed to be upset. I dunno.

The house feels really strange without her here. She's been a part of the furniture for 8 years.

RIP
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 21-04-21 at 00:04.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Whoa! 8 years is a long time. I'm glad your boy is ok. Sometimes people who show the least feel things the deepest. And it's amazing how animals sense things. When I was 25 I had to put my dog down. Afterwards my cat would just go into different rooms and cry. Would you get another dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Whoa! 8 years is a long time. I'm glad your boy is ok. Sometimes people who show the least feel things the deepest. And it's amazing how animals sense things. When I was 25 I had to put my dog down. Afterwards my cat would just go into different rooms and cry. Would you get another dog?
    Yes I would. I think we'll get one to keep the other one company because she's used to having a companion. She hasn't known anything different since birth.

It's strange because when the mother usually leaves the daughter is pacing and unsettled until she returns. But today she hasn't paced around.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information