Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Health Anxiety preventing me from getting Covid-19 Vaccination

Re: Health Anxiety preventing me from getting Covid-19 Vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    Even today, I saw a youtube video preview simply entitled "Was getting the pfizer vaccine a mistake?". I don't know why Youtube feels it appropriate to 'recommend' that video to me, and I did not click on the video, but simply seeing a title like that is enough to send a little feeling of anxiety and doubt through many people, it's terrible.
    It's all about the cookies. If you click on something, it marks it whether it's a key word or other determining factor and you'll see similar content pop up in your feeds. Even NMP uses them and tailors adds based on your clicking habits. For instance, I was shopping for doggie things on Chewy and now, every other add on Yahoo is Chewy products. I make it a habit to clean out my system once a week, including cookies and such. I also use TWO add blockers which take care of pop ups and about 80% of the other adds.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 15-05-21 at 20:28.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    It's all about the cookies. If you click on something, it marks it whether it's a key word or other determining factor and you'll see similar content pop up in your feeds. Even NMP uses them and taylors adds based on your clicking habits. For instance, I was shopping for doggie things on Chewy and now, every other add on Yahoo is Chewy products. I make it a habit to clean out my system once a week, including cookies and such. I also use TWO add blockers which take care of pop ups and about 80% of the other adds.

FMP
    Interesting you should say that FMP as so far that hasn't happened to me.

I seem to get completely random ads pop up when I view this site, most of which I don't have any real issue with.

YouTube is a different beast, whilst it does automatically tailor to my favourite channels, subjects, etc, there are also some seemingly random videos that appear on the list, some of which are of a rather dubious and suspect nature, especially where politics and political issues are concerned, many of which I avoid like the plague.

Urgh.. I seem to have developed a sore throat, cough and bit of a tight chest. Getting really worried now. Not sure if the vaccine could've done this but I doubt it.
    I've been really worried about contracting covid right before or after my vaccine, even though I'm not in any high risk situations. Hopefully it's nothing, but my anxiety is still so high even 2 days after the vaccine, I think I just got myself a bit too worked up over the whole thing :(

I think your anxiety isn't helping matters here, but have you considered you might just have caught a common-or-garden cold?

Just 'cos Covid rode into town like John Wayne it doesn't mean that all the other respiratory diseases ran away... I understand it's dead easy for me to sit on the sofa here and type this whilst you're in a greatly-heightened state of vigilance and very worried but try to relax a bit - easier said than done, I know. I take it that you have no fever accompanying these symptoms?

Lol @ Covid riding into town like the John Wayne of respiratory diseases.

I don't have a fever no. I am hoping that it could be allergies. I do at this point need to just try to start calming down about side effects, I'm almost on day 3 now and hopefully anything bad would've happened by now so I'm going to try my best to just relax and take my mind off things. Thank you for your reply.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information