Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football now the latest subject of protests

Football now the latest subject of protests

Today the main headline on the BBC website has been controversy over a proposed European football 'super league', and there have already been protests and demos in response to it.

Over the past two years it's gone from Brexit (both for and against), XR, BLM, Kill The Bill and now this footie thing.

Just one big issue after another!

Re: Football now the latest subject of protests

Gary Neville wants to see them all punished severely

You missed off Cuthbert the Caterpillar cake. I'm marching for that!

Steve Bray announced a return to shout various things like rejoin. He was seen Tweeting a few weeks back getting ready to use the rule of 6 for it...and encouraging people to get around the rules by gathering in as many groups of 6 as possible. So that's probably 2 groups then given the more recent political moves over vaccines... He might as well have a rule of 100 since no one is enforcing much anyway now.

They think it's all over with the Super League....It IS now...

Vindication for 49 years of a complete apathy for football is finally mine.

I'm so glad I dislike football.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I'm so glad I dislike football.
    I've always personally found footie so overrated. Even hearing the din from the crowds and the commentators' constant hyperactive patter when matches are being shown live on TV really puts me on edge.

Actually being present in the stadium at a match as a punter would be pretty damn terrifying for me, what with all the deafening din and the thought of getting my head kicked in if I accidentally looked at another punter a bit funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I've always personally found footie so overrated. Even hearing the din from the crowds and the commentators' constant hyperactive patter when matches are being shown live on TV really puts me on edge.

Actually being present in the stadium at a match as a punter would be pretty damn terrifying for me, what with all the deafening din and the thought of getting my head kicked in if I accidentally looked at another punter a bit funny!
    I went to a few Birmingham City games as a kid. It was enjoyable then, but now ... hell no. Yes, it would be damned terrifying for me ha ha.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I went to a few Birmingham City games as a kid. It was enjoyable then, but now ... hell no. Yes, it would be damned terrifying for me ha ha.
    I often feel the same thoughts about going to certain gigs (live music concerts) once they finally start happening again.

I always used to help my brother who played drums in a covers band from the late 90s through the mid-2000s, and some of the venues we played would give me full-on panic attacks nowadays, even though aggro from the punters in general is probably no more prevalent now than it's ever really been, but I just feel far more hypervigilant towards such phenomena now than ever before, despite the fact that even back in the day the vast majority of events passed peacefully without any major 'bovver'!

Perhaps I was just fortunate at the time, and never brushed with the full-on 'hellholes' of venues that were always ravaged by epic punch-ups and sometimes even shootings and/or stabbings (e.g, the Hacienda in Manchester, and various others of its ilk up and down the country).

I was due to go to a Pete and Bas gig but it was called off due to COVID. I was looking forward to it to be honest. The anxiety would have been all over the place, but I often find once you're there it's not as bad. It depends on the size and behavior of the crowds though. I haven't been to a venue in a very long time, but oddly the terroist attack isn't something that causes me to worry. It didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it.

Clubbing today is much different to what it was. I think every generation says this, but when I went to clubs there was the odd punch up but rarely people getting stabbed, or killed. It feels more commonplace now. It doesn't matter what genre of music you're into, you can bet there will more than 1 fight at the venue that night.

Entering a mosh pit is on the bucket list though.

☪️️

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information