Thread: Pain at the back of my head - worried.

Pain at the back of my head - worried.

I've got the most bizarre feeling at the back of my head and it's beginning to really unsettle me. Every time I chew/swallow food there's a small section on the right hand side of the back of my head that hurts. If I move my tongue around, so if for example I prod the side of my cheek with my tongue, I'll get pain in the exact same area on the back of my head.

I'm trying to not go down the tumour/aneurysm root but it's hard when you're a health anxiety sufferer.

Anybody have any idea what this could be? I was thinking maybe it could be sinus related but then again if it was sinus related I assume the pain would be pretty constant and not only when I do certain movements in my mouth! Ugh.

Re: Pain at the back of my head - worried.

How are you doing Jase ? I can see why you can find it unsettling, I will say this though that I've found you can get some odd referral pains all over the head from things a long way away. The same happens with teeth, nerves are kinda interconnected and you can feel pain from a tooth on the top, way down in a different part of the bottom. I've certainly had pain at the back of my head referred from the front. I can't say what is causing your 'odd pain' but if you gently put your hands either side of your neck muscles at the back and swallow, you can feel the muscles moving and contracting right at the base of the skull, either side right behind the boney rear ear bit. Its hard to describe the area, but play around a bit finding the right place and you will see that it could just be that the swallowing motion is affecting a tense hurting muscle below the skull to the left or right of it.

Thread Information