Thread: Red blood in stool. Freaking out.

Red blood in stool. Freaking out.

I don't know if I have food poisoning or something worse. I ate 2 food items from a BBQ, and a large takeaway pizza at 11pm.

I woke up and felt so ill I thought I was dying. My stomach was cramping so bad. Eventually I pooped a lot. It was mostly liquid and I must have been to the toilet about 20 times today.

The past few times running to the toilet there's been blood in my stool. It's red, but seems like quite a bit. I look in the toilet and I can see the red blood. It's 100% blood.

My stomach is still cramping and I still have to run to the toilet for little poops constantly.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Red blood in stool. Freaking out.

Sounds like a particularly violent stomach upset. Hope you feel better soon.

I hope so. It's still happening. I read the red blood is lower intestines but there's no hemeroids.

I'm not particularly worried because this happened suddenly overnight. I've been reading it could be E. Coli or some other food poisonings which seems probable as I ate food from a BBQ. I don't know how clean the BBQ was.

My stomach cramps are mostly gone and I don't feel anywhere near as bad as I did earlier today.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 21-04-21 at 19:09.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Hiya mate,

My daughter had something similar a few weeks ago, almost identical symptoms, although she had spots of blood and lots of pink mucous. Also had a raging temperature.

She was very ill with watery diarrhea, went at least 20 times in 24 hours including going twice while asleep bless her.

Obviously I panicked when I saw the blood as can be seen in my 'Various Health Fears' thread. Spoke to doctors on the 2nd day who didn't seem concerned.

But she had the diarrhea for 2-3 days and then starting getting better.

Thankfully today it's gone. I have stomach pain still and stools are not perfect, but at least there's no blood.

Was horrible to see lots of blood in toilet. Glad it's gone today.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Hiya mate,

My daughter had something similar a few weeks ago, almost identical symptoms, although she had spots of blood and lots of pink mucous. Also had a raging temperature.

She was very ill with watery diarrhea, went at least 20 times in 24 hours including going twice while asleep bless her.

Obviously I panicked when I saw the blood as can be seen in my 'Various Health Fears' thread. Spoke to doctors on the 2nd day who didn't seem concerned.

But she had the diarrhea for 2-3 days and then starting getting better.
    That sounds very similar. I've still got a bit of pain today but no blood and stools are better than they was yesterday. I put it down to some sort of bacterial infection.

I hope your daughter is ok and doing better today.

☪️️

A few years ago (2019) I had bad watery diarrhea at the same time throwing up. My Mum and Dad also had it. I think there was a bug going around. we were okay by the Sunday, even though we had to cancelled going up to my Nan's and Grandad's house for lunch.

Yeah it was definitely something like that. I did vomit that morning but it was nothing significant. it was horrible waking up that morning I have never felt so ill in my life. Thankfully it was just a bug, but it's the first time I've seen blood in the toilet. Freaked me out it did.

☪️️

Thread Information