Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lump on left ovary-waiting for follow up

Re: Lump on left ovary-waiting for follow up

I had those tests too, it’s fairly common for a cyst. I didn’t realise how common cysts were until I got one. There are so many different types too, and your symptoms are also pretty normal.

I actually remember Pulisa saying pretty much the same thing to me when I was going through this too.

It’s hard when others don’t understand your anxiety. I’m sure they mean well, but sometimes just make it worse. You can talk to us here, we’ve been through it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I think people try to give you a "quick fix" with anxiety but it's not as simple as that of course! Anyone would be anxious undergoing tests though so please use us and as many trusted friends and family members that you need to help get you through the waiting period.

You must be very busy with 5 children! Maybe your Mum could help out if it all gets too much? x

Thank you so much ladies, you’re both so kind. Definitely appreciate being able to vent on here with understanding. Had my bloods done this morning, have to call for the results next Tuesday. Now to try and get through the next 5 days without going crazy.
    For sure it’s busy with 5, you’d think they’d take my mind off everything but I can’t seem to get out my head. Plus just looking at them all makes me so emotional thinking I may not see them growing up. So awful and morbid I know.
    Hope you both have a lovely sunny weekend! X

You are going to fear the worst, Anna because that's the nature of the beast with anxiety.

Remember that you have no diagnosis and your fears are not facts. You have to keep that in your head and stop yourself from speculating. I know it's very hard.

How are you going to get through until Tuesday? What can you do to keep yourself in control of your anxiety?

Well done for getting the bloods out of the way.

Try and push yourself to do something to take your mind off it, you’ll feel better for sure. I know it’s constantly in the back of your mind, but it doesn’t have to be all consuming unless you let it. I know the temptation is to sit and google, but it won’t help.
    Trust me, I’ve already read most of it for you!

X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I’ve been on a long dog walk and now will just keep busy in the house. The worry is there, I’m noticing every niggle, convinced I look skinnier today than yesterday blah blah blah. I really am pissing myself off!!
    I really hope by this time next week I’m free of this worry! For my sake and for everyone around me!
    Thanks again for your support with this, it’s such a help x

Every minute seems like an age at times like this,doesn't it?!,

My elderly neighbour is having similar tests to you and I managed to get her a same day appointment with the gynaecologist by ringing the gynae fast track secretary at the hospital. I didn't know you could do this and thought you had to wait to be called. Of course there may not be this system at your hospital Anna but just thought I should mention what I did x

I hope you manage to get your blood test results today, Anna x

Thank you so much. I can’t ring my doctors until after 2pm so I have around an hour still to wait. I’m totally beside myself. Tried so hard these past few days to just crack on, and I did manage to forget about it occasionally but the fear has really ramped up and my symptoms just seem so much worse. Can I ask if either of you could feel your cysts? When I’m sitting I’m convinced I can feel a swelling inside like a lump. It’s the sort of sensation like an air bubble if that makes sense?! My mind being what it is is telling me maybe it’s bowel cancer (although apart from pain there I have no symptoms).
    I will let you know as soon as I have my results, hopefully they are back and I’ll have an answer either way.

I think you will be able to "feel" anything if you fear it.

Nearly 2pm now ..You've done really well with the awful waiting x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information