Thread: IBC Fear/ Rash Under Breast

IBC Fear/ Rash Under Breast

Hello! Was hoping to find anyone that has experienced this but I was laying down and randomly felt a burning pain under my left breast and I look at it in the mirror and I see a huge red rash that goes almost up to my nipple and as far down as my stomach. I have no other symptoms, never been pregnant and I just have this dreaded fear of inflammatory breast cancer. I have a doctor's appointment today, but was hoping to hear from anyone who may have experienced this and if everything was ok? Thanks in advance!

Re: IBC Fear/ Rash Under Breast

There are a massive number of reasons that you could develop a rash in this area, very likely reasons - ranging from viral responses (there are a large number including things like shingles), to fungal (as it is skin against moist skin), bacterial skin infection, allergic reactions and assorted other illnesses. I have had something similar, called pityriasis rosea, which was around my trunk area, but a rash isn't just a rash, every one has different characteristics and it needs a skilled medical eye to judge what is causing them and people can come on here and say they've had a rash, but it is likely an entirely different cause to yours. However, I will say this, IBC wouldn't come on as quickly as your rash has; appearing today and not noticed before. IBC starts small and increases over weeks and months, also there would be more symptoms showing if this was advanced IBC ! Do update when you have seen the doctor, as I'd be interested, and I'm certain there will be a very non-sinister reason for it, and there is no need to jump to a rare reason for the rash.
    Last edited by Carys; 21-04-21 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    There are a massive number of reasons that you could develop a rash in this area, very likely reasons - ranging from viral responses (there are a large number including things like shingles), to fungal (as it is skin against moist skin), bacterial skin infection, allergic reactions and assorted other illnesses. I have had something similar, called pityriasis rosea, which was around my trunk area, but a rash isn't just a rash, every one has different characteristics and it needs a skilled medical eye to judge what is causing them and people can come on here and say they've had a rash, but it is likely an entirely different cause to yours. However, I will say this, IBC wouldn't come on as quickly as your rash has; appearing today and not noticed before. IBC starts small and increases over weeks and months, also there would be more symptoms showing if this was advanced IBC ! Do update when you have seen the doctor, as I'd be interested, and I'm certain there will be a very non-sinister reason for it, and there is no need to jump to a rare reason for the rash.
    Thank you so much for your reply!

Update I went to the doctor and was told I have a bad yeast infection. Was prescribed a cream and an antibiotic!

So not cancer then

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Great, so fungal, as was my second guess above. Thanks for updating and I hope you feel so much better now - see - always take your mind to the most likely first, as its the MOST likely LOL

Great, so fungal, as was my second guess above. Thanks for updating and I hope you feel so much better now - see - always take your mind to the most likely first, as its the MOST likely LOL
    Thank you so much and you're so right! XD

Nope!

You are welcome

Thread Information