Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Citalopram Tinittus

Re: Citalopram Tinittus

Thank you panic_down_under for all the advice. Ok, I'll stick to the half tab every day just for just another week. My head is scrambled I need to get back into control as jumping from one solution to another.
    I dont have a psychiatrist or counsellor for support as getting access to those services is very difficult so essentially all I got is GP who has limited mental health experience, my bro who understands as he going thru similar situation and advice on here and what I can piece together from Internet.

Cool. I forgot to add that if the tinnitus persists while taking citalopram then you could try a switch to escitalopram. Citalopram contains two isomers of citalopram, the bioactive 'S' isomer, aka escitalopram, and the 'R' mirror image form which is a poorer fit biologically and so is mostly inactive. While the difference is small it can create a difference in the side-effects each produces. I can't guarantee switching would help, but doing so shouldn't cause any issues so is worth a shot if needed.

Thanks for that. Really appreciate your help.

It has been nearly two weeks since stopped Citalopram. Since stopping my anxiety has been high and it has been a daily struggle but I am putting steps in place to try and manage it. I get daily very foggy head almost constant and head pressure and negative thoughts but I have gathered support from various sources like forums like here, WhatsApp groups and even twitch streams. All these things help. I starred taking magnesium supplements and this has helped with my sleep and takes a slice off the anxiety in evenings.
    Yes it going to be a very bumpy road and got a long way to go to managing the anxiety but I gotta start somewhere.
    I can't do to much mentally as it overwhelms my head quickly but I gotta just work within my limits. Even after writing this I will have to take a break and relax before doing anything else as the brain fog is intense but I will learn to manage it. Just take it one day at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedEric View Post
    It has been nearly two weeks since stopped Citalopram.
    Has the tinnitus stopped, Eric?

It def not as bad as when I was on it.

That's good to know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information