Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh no - now I have to have a Sigmoidoscopy!!

Re: Oh no - now I have to have a Sigmoidoscopy!!

Good luck with the test Nic.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Good Luck Nic, Hope all goes well. Man I hope I never need any of these things done.

Loads of mate, you know you have my support but thought id remind you anyway lol

Lots of love

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Crikey, I don't quite know what to say except I think you're very brave Nic - and I'm full of admiration for you.

I'd have to have the whole ruddy bottle cuz a glass certainly wouldn't do it for me !! (no surprise there then!)

Humungous hugs for you mate, but I'm sure all will go well.

Hi Nic

Really sorry you're having to go through all this. I can't write much now but will try to catch up with this thread again soon.

As for sedation - it will be fine. I had a few sedating drugs in hospital a while ago. I'd always been really scared of them as I thought I'd feel out of control/dizzy/faint (panicky basically). Well first I had Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) - didn't make me laugh but I soon realised it wasn't going to make me panic. I just felt drunk. Then came IV Morphine - which I didn't like at all. My biggest fear was the impending General Anaesthetic. I flipped in the anaesthetic room and they sedated me with two IV drugs - Midazolam (like Diazepam) and Fentanyl (like Morphine) and I must say it was amazing! Within seconds I was calm (despite ripping off the oxygen mask and demanding to know what it was ), and from that I remember no more.

It might help to find out what the sedatives are beforehand. At a guess, I'd predict they are Benzo's. I've had different Benzo's a few times and I've only ever felt calm and peaceful with them - never anxious or panicky or out of control.

Anyway - must go but keep us posted and (stupid thing to say), try not to worry too much.

Take care

xxx
    Last edited by Dying_Swan; 14-03-14 at 21:07.

Aww thanks all - made me cry again cos I am so stressed at the moment

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I don't like doing anything medical that involves taking my tights off (think that's why giving birth took so long) - so I think you're super brave for that alone!!

Sending you lots of good vibes but quite frankly you had that tube shoved up your nose that time and treated it like a walk in the park, so this should be a piece of ........!!!

You can do this!!

Piglet

Hi Nic,

Sorry you're having a bad time at the mo - good luck with the test, and hope everything everything goes well for you

Anna x

I'm having one on the 20th of this month. I'm trying to ignore any 'brave' comments in this thread as I'm sure it is an everyday common thing that happens in hospitals and nothing to worry or stress about. *Breathes deeply.* I'm completely terrified...
    Last edited by northern_sky; 10-11-07 at 02:26.

Hi Nic,

Just to let you know i had an endoscopy done without any sedation as i was freaked about getting the needle into my hand, and it turned out to be not too bad. Iknow one person that had this sigmoid done ,she's on the PTA with myself and she said it was uncomfortable, she took the sedation but said that it was quite light so was still aware what was happening but just was made to feel a bit more relaxed. I'm sure you'll be fine and just see how you feel on the day and decide then if you can ..............your very brave getting this done as i'm not sure if i could................xxxx
    Last edited by kittykat; 10-11-07 at 10:15. Reason: forgot to add text

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information