Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else have sweats whenever it gets warm?

Anybody else have sweats whenever it gets warm?

It's 15 degrees and I feel like it's the middle of summer I don't do well with regulating body temperature because even 15 degrees will make me very sweaty and uncomfortable.

I'm in a studio session today in a baking hot room with no windows. Wish me luck.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Anybody else have sweats whenever it gets warm?

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    It's 15 degrees and I feel like it's the middle of summer I don't do well with regulating body temperature because even 15 degrees will make me very sweaty and uncomfortable.

I'm in a studio session today in a baking hot room with no windows. Wish me luck.
    Today, I've been doing stuff in our garage out of the sun and felt a bit chilly at times, but felt much warmer outside in the sunshine.

I think it all depends on the building and the general environment itself.

I would love a pool in such weather! I ordered a kids paddling pool from Amazon so in the summer I can keep cool. I dread the summer because its far too hot.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Try being a menopausal woman - you aint got no idea what sweats are till you've walked a day in some of our shoes (our damp shoes)
    Last edited by Carys; 28-04-21 at 11:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Try being a menopausal woman - you aint got no idea what sweats are till you've walked a day in some of our shoes
    Carys, I'm laughing because this is what my Mom said to me ha ha!

☪️️

this is what my Mom said to me
    I don't know if to laugh or cry, I've reached the 'what older Mums say' stage Its true though, what your Mom and me say, even -15 degrees can feel like mid summer.

I used to, before I changed my diet.

But you know, can't mention that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nedion View Post
    Apparently this is your feature of the body. My father is the same too. Or maybe he's just more seasoned than me ... I don't know. But I know that as soon as the weather gives us above 10, the father starts to regularly swim in the outdoor pool in the backyard. I personally cannot look at it, I get cold. Then I have to turn on Dolphin Premier to purify the water since my father does not cover the pool with an awning after use. We have a garden. It is beautiful but gives its own nuances. However .. I digress. Perhaps this way of freshening up will suit you too? If you don't have a pool, you can make an outdoor shower. I hope my advice will be useful to you)) In the meantime, I will return to my large chair and cover myself with a blanket because I am definitely more afraid of the cold))
    I think you're on to something Nedion. I've been working outside for years and would rather work in 25°f than 90°f any day of the week. I can be out in below freezing weather for hours with just a tee and long sleeve work shirt working and be fine. Our bodies just get conditioned. One key is to not get hungry. For those working in the heat soak a tee shirt with water and put it on. It'll keep you cool for quite awhile.

I notice that the older I get, the more my temperature comfort window narrows I used to absolutely love the cold, the snow, all of it. Now, all my joints ache and hurt once it gets around freezing lol. I also don’t like it when it gets stupid hot…above about 85-90 especially with the humidity of the Midwest, yeah I don’t like that either lol. I need about 60-80 degree temps year round and I’d be a happy camper!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I notice that the older I get, the more my temperature comfort window narrows
    I'm the same.... Spring and Fall are my favorite times of the year We're having a bit of early Summer here with temps in the mid 80's and I'm practically dripping wet just taking the doggie for a walk!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information