Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling so fed up

Re: Feeling so fed up

Quote Originally Posted by lees6655 View Post
    Well Ent said everything looked ok but he didn't put the scope down he just looked at my neck and felt my neck and looked in my mouth with a mirror . As he said I had only been seen in February by another Ent doctor and everything was ok then I was a bit shocked I should have said I wanted him to put the scope down he is sending me for a MRI of my head and neck though . I also had my chest xray done just have to wait for the results now I just hope everything is ok
    It obviously is The tests are called CYA (cover your arse) medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You've had this issue for years and it was diagnosed as reflux and gerd. I know your HA will always tell you 'this time is different' but based on your post history with this issue, it really isn't IMO. What's your diet like? Are you currently taking anything for your reflux/gerd?
    FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 30-04-21 at 18:16.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well I may possibley get my chest x ray results back tomorrow but may take a few more days as its been the weekend and a bank holiday and I'm scared stiff of the results not been feeling well at all . I keep thinking its lung cancer now and it has spread all over my body as I'm having lots of other symptoms I hate feeling this way and can not look forward at all . Fishmanpa has tried talking some sense into me but its so hard

Well still no chest x ray results and still not feeling good at all I have a head and neck mri tomorrow . Why do I always think the worst don't know if im feeling so bad because of my anxiety. I know I have felt ill before but thinking that if it is cancer it could have spread through my body . When I think back over the years I have thought I have been seriously ill loads of times even before I found this forum over 20 years ago .

Spiralling

Spiralling into thinking different cancers I'm so fed up with this so I started off thinking throat cancer then lung cancer now sinus cancer can not go on like this . I have had a chest x ray no results yet had a neck mri no results yet . Last year had a mri on head and sinuses no problems reported had an ent examination in February this year camera up my nose and looked at my throat as well everything looked ok . I know nobody on here can diagnose me but why am I jumping from one thing to another feel so fed up with it all and not feeling well.

Re: Spiralling

Hi Lees!

This is my first post on this forum and can relate to a lot of what you are saying. There have been times in my life when I got stuck on the fear of one illness for many months and other times when I cycled from illness to illness day to day and sometimes in the same day. I am in this boat now actually. I wish I had a bunch of words of wisdom for you but I, like you, are stuck in this cycle at the moment. Do you have a lot going on in your life? My life at the moment is very chaotic and many changes are upcoming that I do not want to happen and I think health anxiety is a way for my mind to unconsciously channel these fears and anxieties. I just want you to know you are not alone.

I think the fact that we are going from cancer to cancer is a strong indicator that we have nothing wrong. Our anxious minds are looking for a place to land, a reason for all the inner turmoil. Just my theory. We do have to learn to trust the doctors!

Yesterday my therapist recommended a book to me called "The Worry Trick: How Your Brain Tricks You into Expecting the Worst and What You Can Do About It" by David A. Carbonell, PhD. I bought it from Amazon in paperback but decided I didn't want to wait two days to get it and also got it on Kindle so I could start right away. I fell asleep last night before I could begin but I will be starting it today! I am 38 years old and have had health anxiety for as long as I can remember....at least since around age 8 or so...it's time to kick it once and for all! We can both do it!

Great post Amanda and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MandaIsAnxious View Post
    Hi Lees!

This is my first post on this forum and can relate to a lot of what you are saying. There have been times in my life when I got stuck on the fear of one illness for many months and other times when I cycled from illness to illness day to day and sometimes in the same day. I am in this boat now actually. I wish I had a bunch of words of wisdom for you but I, like you, are stuck in this cycle at the moment. Do you have a lot going on in your life? My life at the moment is very chaotic and many changes are upcoming that I do not want to happen and I think health anxiety is a way for my mind to unconsciously channel these fears and anxieties. I just want you to know you are not alone.

I think the fact that we are going from cancer to cancer is a strong indicator that we have nothing wrong. Our anxious minds are looking for a place to land, a reason for all the inner turmoil. Just my theory. We do have to learn to trust the doctors!

Yesterday my therapist recommended a book to me called "The Worry Trick: How Your Brain Tricks You into Expecting the Worst and What You Can Do About It" by David A. Carbonell, PhD. I bought it from Amazon in paperback but decided I didn't want to wait two days to get it and also got it on Kindle so I could start right away. I fell asleep last night before I could begin but I will be starting it today! I am 38 years old and have had health anxiety for as long as I can remember....at least since around age 8 or so...it's time to kick it once and for all! We can both do it!
    Hi thanks for you post MandaIsAnxious I will have a look for that book on Amazon

Why do YOU think you're jumping from one fear to another?

What's causing you to focus on things you don't have?

In what way are you not feeling well?

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Why do YOU think you're jumping from one fear to another?

What's causing you to focus on things you don't have?

In what way are you not feeling well?
    Don't know why I'm jumping from one to another but generally feeling unwell sinus pressure in cheeks blocked nose feeling nauseous cough that wont go away feels like something stuck in my throat and keep trying to clear it Soar throat green phlegm in my nose/throat ringing in my ears cramp feeling in my hands and feet smelling smoke that isn't there also have shortness of breath . And this has been going on for a while now . I know I have had a lot of these symptoms before but this is dragging on to long now it most be something bad

Quote Originally Posted by lees6655 View Post
    Don't know why I'm jumping from one to another but generally feeling unwell sinus pressure in cheeks blocked nose feeling nauseous cough that wont go away feels like something stuck in my throat and keep trying to clear it Soar throat green phlegm in my nose/throat ringing in my ears cramp feeling in my hands and feet smelling smoke that isn't there also have shortness of breath . And this has been going on for a while now . I know I have had a lot of these symptoms before but this is dragging on to long now it most be something bad
    You need to stop using this kind of language. Why MUST it be something bad? What evidence or medical training do YOU have to conclude this? The answer is none.

It's very much allergy season, hayfever etc. It's even worse this year as people are stuck indoors a lot of the time still.

What you are doing is having a terminal reaction to a stuffy nose. Do you see how ridiculous it is looking at it from that perspective?

I get it, health anxiety is hard to live with, but it's also far more of a bad habit than anything else. You need to get a grip on your subconscious habitual thought processes and start practicing a little more habitual common sense.

Everything you are describing is common this time of year, there are numerous posts on this forum alone about people smelling phantom smoke. It's just part of the hayfever reaction, whether you suffer with the classic hayfever symptoms or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information