Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling really useless right now

Re: Feeling really useless right now

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Hmm I deleted but Lencoboys quote is still there. Could be a feature that admin can add, because could be possible breach of privacy there? I'm not too sure on the laws regarding deletions online. I think they have to be removed from the database completely including quotes.

Lenco, could you be a lamb and replace my quote with [deleted] ... thanks bud
    Done it for you matey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Done it for you matey.
    Thank you Lenco

Medications: 40mg Quitapine, 40mg Paroxatine, 300mg Promazine, 6mg-10mg Diazepam
    Diagnosis: Panic disorder, General anxiety, Agoraphobia, Depression, Aspergers.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Thank you Lenco
    You're very welcome.

Tomorrow morning I might phone up my local MH support team, who are based in Lichfield, as I already have periodic consultation sessions with them about 2-3 times per year, and occasionally more if I'm in a very bad state.

I think it's also pandemic fatigue now starting to set in. I remember feeling a sense of Global Financial Crisis fatigue back in 2011-12 and very similar emotions, despite the UK economy being over the worst of said crisis by then.

I hope you do decide to do this, Lenco.

Sometimes we feel most fatigued when there is an end in sight to a long running problem which has troubled us constantly. You've been monitoring the pandemic rigorously for many months now and have absorbed a lot of worrying news reports on other triggering issues. A bit of help and support now would be a good idea in my opinion.

Something dead strange is happening to me this morning, and has been on and off these past few days. I keep hallucinating the smell of (indoor) cigarette smoke, which I haven't actually smelt directly in person for years, but can still remember and recognise said smells as if it was only yesterday.

I have great anxieties about visiting certain individuals who might still smoke in their houses, though it's still not possible at the present time to visit other people's houses as there are still Covid restrictions in place, so obviously not a 'here and now' problem.

And for those on here who are smokers yourselves, please try not to take this personally, as I don't have any beef with any of you in general.

I shall still be ringing the MH team later this morning.

Do you recognise how much you get caught up in the 'bad' news of the world in general? News and occurrences that have little actual impact on your everyday life. The obvious exception being the Coronavirus situation, but that effects everybody.

But in general, you seem to get lost in financial crisis', riots, disturbances and other such things that you don't directly experience yourself.

Again, I urge you to avoid the news. It's like you have become obsessed and addicted to 'what if's'.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Do you recognise how much you get caught up in the 'bad' news of the world in general? News and occurrences that have little actual impact on your everyday life. The obvious exception being the Coronavirus situation, but that effects everybody.

But in general, you seem to get lost in financial crisis', riots, disturbances and other such things that you don't directly experience yourself.

Again, I urge you to avoid the news. It's like you have become obsessed and addicted to 'what if's'.
    I think it's more the way stuff is presented these days, such as the news channels (e.g, BBC, Sky, etc) all seem to have endless 'in-yer-face' on-screen graphics and text, plus of course the loud 'in-yer-face' theme tunes typical of those channels/ programmes, whereas the more conventional bulletins on BBC 1, ITV, etc at set times throughout the day are still far less 'in-yer-face', with on-screen text/graphics only used sparingly, e.g, when displaying the names of interviewees, and their respective roles.

I know you advise me to avoid watching the news, but I can't really tell my dad what to do and what not to do, but I know I don't have to stay in the same room while he is watching it and he does let me not have the TV on at all (news or otherwise) during mealtimes.

My biggest concern ATM is hallucinating the smell of indoor cigarette smoke, even though none of us in our family smoke at all, and my parents haven't done so for almost 40 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    My biggest concern ATM is hallucinating the smell of indoor cigarette smoke, even though none of us in our family smoke at all, and my parents haven't done so for almost 40 years now.
    Likely to be a reaction to pollen. I get something similar this time of year, and in fact if I focus on it I can 'detect' a slight musty/acrid smell right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Likely to be a reaction to pollen. I get something similar this time of year, and in fact if I focus on it I can 'detect' a slight musty/acrid smell right now.
    That kind of makes sense, as both myself and my parents have been suffering from bad sinus congestion and allergies over the past few days, which has probably contributed to us all being a bit cranky.

I know this is way in the past now but today I can't stop having flashbacks to certain staff members at the respite unit I attended in my early teens some 30 years ago smoking inside the building, which even back then I thought was extremely unethical and irresponsible of them.

By today's standards it's extremely inhumane to directly expose children to second-hand smoke, and is tantamount to abuse and neglect IMO.

I expect to get shot down in flames for saying all of this.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information