Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling really useless right now

Re: Feeling really useless right now

I can imagine that your dad is under a hell of a lot of strain but still wants to remain in charge of what goes on in his home and rightly so. I'm glad that he'll be having some help for your mum though although I'm sure this will be pretty limited.

From personal experience I know how easy it easy to lose it when tension runs high. I'm pleased that you were able to talk to someone helpful and informative, Lenco. I don't trust SS because they promise the earth and then don't follow it up because your case doesn't tick the right boxes so I can understand your dad's hesitancy. You need stability and predictability in your life and hopefully the day centre can provide this additional support to complement home life which must be very stressful at times with your mum's issues?

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I know how hard this past year plus has been for my 2, both of whom have significant MH issues and there's been minimal support.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I can imagine that your dad is under a hell of a lot of strain but still wants to remain in charge of what goes on in his home and rightly so. I'm glad that he'll be having some help for your mum though although I'm sure this will be pretty limited.

From personal experience I know how easy it easy to lose it when tension runs high. I'm pleased that you were able to talk to someone helpful and informative, Lenco. I don't trust SS because they promise the earth and then don't follow it up because your case doesn't tick the right boxes so I can understand your dad's hesitancy. You need stability and predictability in your life and hopefully the day centre can provide this additional support to complement home life which must be very stressful at times with your mum's issues?

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I know how hard this past year plus has been for my 2, both of whom have significant MH issues and there's been minimal support.
    I think you're correct about many of the complications concerning SS, especially as they forever seem to keep chopping and changing all the time, and have always been known to pretty much ever since I can remember.

Plus I think there are still the odd ones who revel in playing politics and even those who have probably taken advantage of the 'austerity' measures of recent years as an excuse to be lazy and to do as very little as possible.

Probably some of the people with that very same mindset have been using a lot of the 'zero tolerance' malarkey over the past 20-odd years to their own advantage rather than attempting to get to the crux of why certain individuals in their care behave and act in the ways that they do.

Even my day centre manageress said to me yesterday that she believes ZT is largely a waste of time and basically a 'treating the symptoms rather than the underlying causes' situation, and to a certain extent, staff 'playing the victims' and indeed the 'blame game'!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 06-05-21 at 17:36.

You'll all be pleased to know that I feel far less useless today, after almost a week in the emotional doldrums.

I reckon I'm over the worst of my blip now, touch wood!

Good to hear that, Lenco. Great news about your 2nd jab too!

It's always such a relief to feel better and stronger in yourself.

Good to hear that, Lenco. Great news about your 2nd jab too!

It's always such a relief to feel better and stronger in yourself.
    Thank you as always, Pulisa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Had a massive argument with my mom tonight (who sadly has dementia) as she refused to let me and my dad have some peace, and I lost it and told her to eff off, which I don't normally swear at people, plus I'm now having irrational fantasies about having confrontations with the police and getting them to brutalise me because I feel like a useless, no good barsteward right now who needs a good hiding and shouted at really loud by an authority figure.

I am not normally a violent or aggressive person, but I fear I might turn into an out-of-control raving lunatic, and regressing back to the way I was when I was 12-14!
    Lenso - I'm truly sorry to hear you are going through this. I went through the exact thing with my own mom for about a four year period which ended in 17. And like you my dad was involved also. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Do not be too hard on yourself man. You are doing the best you can and dealing with one of the most difficult ordeals on the planet. The buildup is bound to come out once in a while. Both your parents are fortunate to have such a caring son. Many do not. We may banter back and forth over politics or whatnot on these boards but some things transcend that stuff and this is certainly one of them. Don't be afraid to reach out to others, to talk to people in your world. And by all means take regular breaks when you can. I'm hoping for nothing but the best for you and your folks in a very difficult situation.

N.

Suddenly feeling useless again this morning following bad dreams about riotous events (see my latest post in my other thread 'Riot fears' for full details if you want to).

I am feeling really shaky and keep ruminating on scenarios involving militant and confrontational youths, and am feeling a bit ephebiphobic at the same time, whilst I don't necessarily mean to be.

Would you consider taking a lorazepam tablet if you are still prescribed these for particularly bad anxiety? Just as a one off?

Would you consider taking a lorazepam tablet if you are still prescribed these for particularly bad anxiety? Just as a one off?
    I might do later on if my current bout of bad anxiety persists.

Today I keep having flashbacks to the latter half of the 2000s when this country was in the grip of mass moral panics about juvenile delinquents and 'chav' culture, which, for better or worse (apart from the knife crime epidemics of more recent times), don't appear to be given quite the same amount of media attention these days.

Though I reckon there were also a lot of anti-Labour agendas at that time as well, especially with Cameron's 'Broken Britain' malarkey between 2005 and 2009 in particular!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 09-05-21 at 14:16.

I think that you're having some mental overload from all the riot rumination, Lenco. I'd certainly consider the lorazepam before you feel any worse?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information