Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Feeling really useless right now

Re: Feeling really useless right now

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think that you're having some mental overload from all the riot rumination, Lenco. I'd certainly consider the lorazepam before you feel any worse?
    I'm going to take one right now, Pulisa.

My dad has also just recommended that I do.

I think you've made the right decision, Lenco. It's horrible when the anxiety gets so bad and the lorazepam will take the edge off and make you feel calmer again.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think you've made the right decision, Lenco. It's horrible when the anxiety gets so bad and the lorazepam will take the edge off and make you feel calmer again.
    You're dead right, it already has.

I know it works really well for my son too. Sometimes nothing else helps and you've got to do something to lessen the anxiety.

Glad you've had some improvement.

I'm having another relapse today and having fantasies about having confrontations with the police once again, and provoking them into brutalising me, because I'm a no-hoper.

I also wish I was kicked to death by a gang of local yobs, because I really hate myself right now, and I wish my parents would disown me.

You're not a no-hoper, Lenco, you bring so much to this place and (I'm sure) to other aspects of your life.

You don't deserve punishment, I promise, this is just a bad patch and I know you'll make it through.

So sorry you are feeling like this. Do you have someone you can talk to who will help you process it all?

You certainly arenít worthless. You are such a kind person and very valuable to us here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been triggered this morning whilst out walking the dog.

The bin men were round our estate this morning on their weekly wheelie bin-emptying run and whilst me and the dog sidled past them about two roads up from where we live, the three bin men were having a loud banter over the din of their wagon and uttering F-bombs.

Like I've said before I'm not really a prude when it comes to the meaning of the F-word, but there are times and places for using bad language and my personal view is that such behaviour by those three guys working for our local council is unprofessional and indeed setting a bad example to the general public, and hypocritically, each door of their vehicle prominently bears the printed warning 'Our employees will not tolerate physical or verbal abuse'.

When I told my dad what I had witnessed, he said 'Oh give 'em a break, 'cause they're overworked, underpaid and extremely stressed out doing such a menial job thanks to this govt'!

So employees of our local council have a god-given right to use inappropriate language within earshot of the general public simply because they're stressed out and hard done by (which I also remember happening under Labour back in the 2000s with very similar excuses), but talk 'zero tolerance' against being on the receiving end of abuse themselves, plus woe betide people with learning disabilities for 'lesser' inappropriate behaviours in public and dole out ASBOs willy-nilly!

I know today's bugbear of mine is probably rather trivial to most people but it's the principle behind it what matters to me. Society really reeks of blatant hypocrisy and double standards at times.

Lenco, I'm sorry you're having a rough time, but that's rubbish. Nobody's received government-sanctioned punishment for swearing in public in either of our lifetimes, I'm pretty sure of it.

I'm with your dad on this one; they have a lousy job, they're underpaid and underappreciated and their words can't harm anyone. If they were using the F-word to personally insult people with the intent of being heard by those people, yes, I'd have a problem with it. Just using it for emphasis or to blow off steam, though? What's the harm in it.

Honestly, I try my hardest not to swear in front of students but it'd be a bald-faced lie if I said it never happened (happened yesterday, in fact, but only a relatively minor word) Swearing AT students, though? Definitely haven't done that, and if I did I'd consider myself richly deserving of any punishment that came my way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Lenco, I'm sorry you're having a rough time, but that's rubbish. Nobody's received government-sanctioned punishment for swearing in public in either of our lifetimes, I'm pretty sure of it.

I'm with your dad on this one; they have a lousy job, they're underpaid and underappreciated and their words can't harm anyone. If they were using the F-word to personally insult people with the intent of being heard by those people, yes, I'd have a problem with it. Just using it for emphasis or to blow off steam, though? What's the harm in it.

Honestly, I try my hardest not to swear in front of students but it'd be a bald-faced lie if I said it never happened (happened yesterday, in fact, but only a relatively minor word) Swearing AT students, though? Definitely haven't done that, and if I did I'd consider myself richly deserving of any punishment that came my way.
    It's not so much the F-bomb in itself that's the problem for me, plus I certainly don't think it should justify state-sanctioned punishment (which would most certainly be overdoing it and tantamount to dictatorship), but it's more the hypocrisy and general inequalities within wider society that have bugged me for donkeys years now, especially where less privileged individuals, especially those with learning disabilities have copped out over far lesser things (and even for dropping F-bombs themselves in public on occasions). And it's not just a political right thing either when it comes to invinciblility, as certain people on the political left can be just as culpable of being untouchable and 'looking after number one' as those on the right, and getting away with murder if they're so cunningly inclined!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information