Thread: Exposure to someone who test positive today.

Exposure to someone who test positive today.

I am freaking out! My daughter just tested positive for Covid-19. I haven't seen her in over a week as she is an adult living outside of my home. We never spend time together but she came over for Sunday dinner yesterday. She is 23 and healthy. Started getting sick the 21st.
    I am 46 and really relativity healthy. My BMI is 29.9 which is my only risk factor. I am freaking out. I haven't been on here for awhile. I hope it is okay to post this.
    I wanted to go to the chat room but no-one is there. UGH.

As for why I have not gotten vaccinated- I am in American. I am severely allergic to a component of the mRNA vaccines. I was waiting for Janssen. Well we just got Janssen in my area and the next day it was put on pause. UGH!! Now I sit here absolutely freaking out. I have 14 days before I know if I have COVID. I don't want to die of this disease.

Oh BTW- I believe in the rule of 3's. I know 2 people that have died in the past week. SO who is the 3rd? Me? My daughter? UGH!!! OMG- I am freaking out.
    Please send me some positive vibes and pray if you pray. Thank you!

Re: Exposure to someone who test positive today.

Miserable isn't it?
    Sorry you are dealing with this. If you saw her over a week ago, you have way less than 14 days.

I caught covid from my son, he was over on a Monday evening and I started coughing Wednesday, 2 days later. Im thinking if you were going to get it you would have symptoms already.

I'm with you though, planned on Jennson and poof gone. Although I think its back but now it would wreak havoc with my HA if I got it.

Hang in there :-)

I saw her Sunday. Today is now Tuesday. Just a waiting game now. UGH.

The rule of 3 thing is superstitious nonsense, frankly. It’s one of those things that people can twist to suit the idea. It has no basis in reality whatsoever.

If you do have Covid, there’s a very high chance that you’ll either experience mild illness or be completely asymptomatic. I’m not sure how things are done in the US, but here in the UK we have test centres set up for folk who are asymptomatic. I don’t know if that’s an option for you but if it is it may be worth getting tested to hopefully put your mind at a bit more ease.

It’s not always the case that people in close contact will get Covid. I had it in October and I was the only person in my immediate household who tested positive. My mother also had it but my father didn’t, again, despite living in the same house.

Try to relax a bit. It’s not a nice thought but even if the worst were true, the likelihood is that you’ll feel a bit rubbish for a few days then you’ll be back to normal.

Thread Information