Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AlS .. very very scared..Dont know how to handle this. Please help

Re: AlS .. very very scared..Dont know how to handle this. Please help

Carys, yes and that's whats bothering me. My leg is severely atrophied. When I do a shoulder shrug my shoulders tremor bad.
    My legs feel heavy and weak. And some atrophy in my right gluteus which the 2nd neuro didn't bother to check or comment on. Toes and fingers still ache . My voice is still horsed. And some numbness on my face Nd my ankle hurts when I walk on it and I can't get an answer from either neuro why?
    I mean I know I'm Heavenly stressed to the max . Its even causing problems with my wife. I know I'm not going crazy im trying to look at all this logically. Could I have done most of this to my self? Worrying . Which I have been 24/7 for 5 weeks straight. All from mild stenosis in my back..im trying to grasp it. Internal tremors in my upper body also. Can all these symptoms happen in 5
    Weeks ? I guess I need a lot of reassurance. The Neuro i just seen for a second opion based his opion on my first neuros emg which had some abnormalities. He said to me no ALS. I hope there right cause I know stenosis is a proven 40% chance of misdiagnosed.. sorry for this long text..
    I really appreciate all of you and the time you give.

Just came back from my orthopedic surgeon and he looked over emg report from my neurologist. He said that there's nothing in my back that caused the problems im having right now. Hes the dr thar referred me to the neuro.
    I'm am really upset right now. The emg is wrong. It's not from a pinch nerve or stenosis. The ortho confirmed this. Idkn what to do right now. Im so stressed right now.

What you need to do is learn to practice acceptance. Life isn't ideal, but it is what it is. If you learn to accept these sensations you may find they'll diminish on their own.

I've gone through phases before when I've had three or four months of sleep paralysis every night, or feeling unable to swallow, or migraine auras a few times a week, up to three at a time. Nothing has ever come of any of it, and all of them have disappeared in their own time.

I asked earlier and I'm asking again. And I also ask knowing your thread there has been closed and you've been asked not to post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    May I ask, after several members have advised against it, why you continue to feed your dragon on the ALS forum?
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa, I only posted because my leg has really atrophied and I had an appt with my ortho surgeon who actually referred me to the neuro. He looked over the emg that I posted online
    And he said that the emg is not supported by his opion. He said nothing in my back (stenosis or pinched nerve) caused whats going on. I don't have either in my back so he really didn't know what to say but sorry..
    I kinda had a feeling the stenosis dx wasnt right. Now I don't know really what to do.
    I guess just wait... that's why i posted.
    Im trying to learn to accept whatever. I understand fully closing my thread. No problems. I understand fully. Im not a disrespectful man im just a confused man right now.
    Last edited by Expresso; 27-05-21 at 00:38.

Well you can't post there anymore but the question still remains... Why do you continue to feed your irrational fear by reading there? You've had two neurologists, including the director of the ALS clinic at Stoney Brook on Long Island, which is one of the highest rated hospitals for neurology in the country tell you you don't have ALS.

There's nothing real life ALS sufferers could say to reassure you and it's apparent nothing said here is helping but then again, the fact you're posting on an anxiety forum speaks volumes as to what the primary issue really is.

Good luck and positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information