Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dad is coughing up black lumps of blood, awaiting results, absolutely terrified.

Re: Dad is coughing up black lumps of blood, awaiting results, absolutely terrified.

I'm so sorry JVal, but also very pleased, they have a treatment plan, and sooner and more robust than it could have been. They have confidence that they can keep him at a good level in terms of no more progress/limited progress for the time being and having been there and seen people with similar prognoses - and cancer locations - go on to have more than 2 years (some significantly longer), I think you should have lots of hope. It'll take some time to sink in, everything you have heard, but I bet you anything you have plenty of joyous family time ahead of you.

Re: Dad is coughing up black lumps of blood, awaiting results, absolutely terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I'm so sorry JVal, but also very pleased, they have a treatment plan, and sooner and more robust than it could have been. They have confidence that they can keep him at a good level in terms of no more progress/limited progress for the time being and having been there and seen people with similar prognoses - and cancer locations - go on to have more than 2 years (some significantly longer), I think you should have lots of hope. It'll take some time to sink in, everything you have heard, but I bet you anything you have plenty of joyous family time ahead of you.
    I never even thought that he could go on longer than their prognosis. Now you have given me a tiny sliver of hope.

He said earlier he doesn't want to die yet. 😭

When I left work when he rang I was driving along and said to myself "I hope a car hits me" I was so low. I would never do such a thing, but my brain was certainly in a bad place.

Thanks Carys for giving me hope x ❤

Father's Day is coming up soon...not that you need a special day to celebrate your dad..

Of course you will feel low because this is such a lot to take in and you are mentally exhausted..Your emotions will be all over the place..But I reckon you're very strong like your dad and will be there for him in all respects as he starts his treatment x

I'd be really interested to hear about the Immunotherapy actually, when he gets to that part, as its something I was reading about years ago before it was in more common use.

I never even thought that he could go on longer than their prognosis. Now you have given me a tiny sliver of hope.
    Nobody ever really knows do they, how things will go in the future (cancer or no cancer), so I am always someone who likes to stick on the side of hope and thinks that its always possible that people do well and live longer than the original prognosis (but also don't want to give false hope - a fine line isn't it). You will be feeling low, it is a lot to take in, life-changing for your family and a big big deal. There will be times where it doesn't feel real, surreal, but slowly slowly you will come to terms with it and move forward.

Thank you both ❤

His best mate unbelievably, also has lung cancer and has been having immunotherapy for a couple years now and he has exceeded their prognosis and doing OK.

Yes I've thought about Father's day, he said earlier, you will have to buy me two more Christmas presents! Trying to laugh about it like. This sucks.

I did text him earlier, he's busy tonight lol. And said I will be there every step of the way if you let me. This is not the end. There is always hope when there is nothing left. ❤

Maybe his best friend going through this at the same time will be a comfort and will strengthen their bond?

Humour can help when you're mentally suffering, strange as that may seem.

Remember that he hasn't been written off and that there IS hope x

Most definitely. ❤

I hope you managed to get some decent sleep and that you can find some distraction at work today x

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I hope you managed to get some decent sleep and that you can find some distraction at work today x
    Morning, slept like a log, I was utterly exhausted, my poor eyes!

Yep, feeling better in myself.

Thanks for asking xxx

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information