Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dad is coughing up black lumps of blood, awaiting results, absolutely terrified.

Re: Dad is coughing up black lumps of blood, awaiting results, absolutely terrified.

I'm sure he would have heard by now directly from the consultant..I heard within 2 days of mine and it was normal!! Put the fear of God into me though when I saw the call was from the hospital!

I think you should let him decide as to what he wants to do if anything re ringing her. He may be quite happy to accept that no call means no worst case scenario. I know that I would think this and wouldn't want to tempt fate by ringing.

He sounds like a very brave man who is dealing with a hell of a lot.

Hope your day is progressing as steadily as possible and that you are coping at work xx

Re: Dad is coughing up black lumps of blood, awaiting results, absolutely terrified.

I'll just try to let it all go again. ��
    Yes, I think thats for the best, his choice The one thing that most people want, particularly when dealing with life-limiting illnesses, is autonomy.
    Last edited by Carys; 29-04-21 at 13:46.

Hi both,

Thank you, yes I won't push him. I just said "you know you can call the secretary and ask?" And he said I'd have heard by now. So that's that lol.

My day is going much better now, thank you 😊 x

Good to hear that. He is right about any potential call. He doesn't want you to make him doubt his judgement on this x

Hi guys,

Just a quick update to say there is no update!

Still no word from his consultant or anyone else. He has his covid test tomorrow and will isolate till his camera on Tuesday.

Will update when I know anything!

Surely no news is good news!!! ❤

I'm pretty sure it IS good news! I'm very relieved for you and I hope this means you can let down your anxiety guard just a little and relax over the weekend?

He's obviously got more tests to come but at least there is no bad news from the CT which is significant xx

Well, I spoke to soon.

Dad rung and said the consultant called him today.

She started by saying "now there's nothing to worry about, but your scan shows there's something not quite right. So you are having your bronchoscopy on Tuesday, then I'll bring your appointment forward a week rather than the 18th" she went onto talk about drugs he can have to clear the fluid etc.

What do I make of this?! He reiterated he does not want any of his children to worry and assures me She said not to worry.

What do you think guys?

I said, why didn't you ask what she thought it was?! But he's not like me. I said we're all on tenterhooks here.

I'm not sure what to make of it?

She has brought his appointment forward a week but said not to worry?

Cripes :(

She won't say not to worry then drop the C bomb surely?!

Well it's obvious that something's not quite right. I think anyone would worry if they were told they had cancer so nothing to worry about means that nothing very bad has shown up. Maybe she's had a think and can prescribe better meds to clear the fluids? The 11th May is still 2 weeks away-that's a long time for someone with a very urgent problem.

Would she actually deliver really bad news on the phone? I don't think so. I think she would tell him in person. She hasn't.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information