Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I being irrational? Hairdressers water bottle germs

Re: Am I being irrational? Hairdressers water bottle germs

Thank you for returning to the thread and taking the time to explain things. I accept the apology. None of us really knows each other do we, the backgrounds, diagnoses and problems going on, we just come together and base responses on a few words and sometimes the intermeshing of various mental health problems creates a storm. I think, had we have known earlier that you have genuine difficulty with the processing of some things then people could have adapted their responses. I hope you find a way through, no hard feelings.
    Last edited by Carys; 30-04-21 at 09:47.

I'm sorry that you have been so distressed by our responses. I'm the parent of 2 autistic adults and know all about the "minefield" you have to tread each day. CBT has never helped them and ACT and DBT have made little impact.

I hope you did actually manage to get your hair cut..

Quote Originally Posted by HopeI'mWrong:P View Post

I've never shared this before, but I was diagnosed many years ago with Borderline Personality Disorder with strong autistic traits (my younger sibling is autistic, so not a huge surprise). Telling me to "develop some thicker skin" is cruel, insensitive and unnecessary - BPD or no BPD.

Well mention it when looking for advice then. Do you expect us to be psychic?

Echoing the responses. All that said, really... It truly was an irrational fear, thus the responses. It really could have been as simple as just asking the hairdresser if it were that concerning to you as opposed to posting about it But now, knowing there are more complicated issues involved, it makes more sense.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Surely, all hairdressers and the like can't afford to make even the slightest mistake right now, otherwise they will risk being turned over by the authorities for their failure to comply with the latest legislation. So they'll be finished. Finito!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information