Thread: Worried I have covid for a second time

Worried I have covid for a second time

Hi everyone.
    I had covid back in December and since Monday have been off work with flu like symptoms. Back in December I didn’t feel like I do now although I keep thinking my chesty feeling is similar to the covid one I had. I have to test for work twice a week and I have been testing once a day since Monday and it’s come back negative. What are the chances of me getting it again if I’ve had it and also been vaccinated once? The idea of hospitalisation is really playing on my mind, I just want to feel better. My main symptoms this time have been a blocked nose, sneezing, sore throat and a bit of an ear ache.

Re: Worried I have covid for a second time

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It’s always possible to catch it again especially if you’re not fully vaxxed (and even if you are, although much more rare) - but honestly a couple of those symptoms sound more like a common cold or sinus infection type thing than covid. I’m no doctor though

A previous infection and first vaccine, coupled with repeated negative tests would all suggest to me that whatever you’re suffering from, it isn’t Covid-19.

There are lots of insanely bad luck factors that would have to co-incide for you to get it again, no immunity after having had covid, then no immunity after having a vaccination, then a whole series of false negative test results......that seems like almost impossible for that to happen. Your symptoms and all those negative test results must surely mean that you have something else, normal flu a bad cold ?

I reckon it's odds on that your symptoms are caused by current seasonal allergies that are running riot right now, e.g, tree pollen, and various other budding foilage typical of this time of year.

Thread Information