Thread: Why am I getting worse?

Why am I getting worse?

I am sweating and getting anxious more every time I do my mental rituals and I end up doing even more rituals to calm myself. I don't know whats happened to me! I feel like this pandemic and being locked up in the house all the time has affected me in some way! Does anybody know? Thanks

Re: Why am I getting worse?

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    I am sweating and getting anxious more every time I do my mental rituals and I end up doing even more rituals to calm myself. I don't know whats happened to me! I feel like this pandemic and being locked up in the house all the time has affected me in some way! Does anybody know? Thanks

I know the feeling as I've been going through a very bad patch myself over the past few days, which is a combo of having to be lumbered with my own mother who has severe dementia, my dad at his wits end (with her mostly) and pandemic/lockdown 'fatigue'.

Like I said in my other thread on here, it's only really now the pandemic fatigue is starting to get to me, despite us here in the UK now seemingly being over the worst of the Covid situation, unlike earlier in the pandemic during the first half of 2020, I rose to the occasion and successfully managed to adapt quickly.

Ditto for the Global Financial Crisis back in 2008-09, whilst not really concerning me as much earlier on, I eventually started to feel fatigued by it all by about 2011-12, despite it already having started to peter out by then.

I think that the more stress than you are under, the more you feel yourself compelled to carry out these rituals in order to give yourself a sense of control and "rightness".

Are you staying at home through choice or not through choice?

Thanks you guys. I do have to ask, could it also be because I'm not exercising enough? I still do walks but not as much as before I started having anxiety about my heart and stuff.

Thread Information