Hello all,

I am middle aged woman, not sexually active for many years now. I have been posting in the Health Anxiety Forum often, but decided to share my problem in the OCD section, because, that is what I basically suffer from.

I have had OCD for years, but my worse OCD is mostly about HIV. Needless to say, I have been tested numerous time ( and I really mean "numerous" - probably 7 or 8 times by now), although I have not been sexually active for years now, and before that in a monogamous relationship ( my husband of 25 years). I never used any drugs. However, I suspect HIV from literally anything: touching inanimate objects while having a small cut or abrasion on my hand; from being at the hairdresser; even from food that I find suspicious. I am also severe germaphob. But, I realize, this is no life. So, I am asking knowledgeable people on the Forum, and also fellow sufferers, for any tip or piece of advice on how to get rid of this. I tried therapy for my anxiety and OCD many times, spent thousands of dollars on it, was on various medication. Nothing helped long term. Any good intended suggestion is highly appreciated. Also, I think my OCD worsened due to this whole Covid isolation situation, as well as my mother's recent death, that I am still trying to stomach due to my feeling of guilt.

Also, on a separate note: a person basically cannot get infected from inanimate objects in everyday situations, right? I educated myself that only exceptions in terms of inanimate object are used syringes and needles, because they are basically airtight. Now, I know many of you will scold me for in this time and age asking log ago scientifically answered question again, but reassurance helps OCD person, at least temporarily.

Again, thank you for reading and your tips & replies are welcome and appreciated.

Lana