Thread: More Worries...

More Worries...

Hi again everyone,

I had made a post before about an issue I was having with a cyst I developed. Since I was little, I’ve been overly anxious about what’s “normal” for the vulva area, as at the time I noticed what I’ve believed to be a skin tag. I went a while without my health anxiety concerning the genital area, but recently it’s been flaring up again. I have these sort of... little bumps, very very tiny like pinpricks. I have more on my right side, only a couple on the left. Usually, they’re not itchy & don’t hurt, but I do have issues with yeast infections and eczema so when I remember they exist is always when I’m having some other problem. My concerns flared up again tonight, and I looked with a mirror to see that, in the crease around the labia minora, the skin seems a bit more.... rough? And slightly lighter. The bumps sort of remind me of fordyce spots, I believe they’re called: I didn’t notice them really in the picture, but had a few others that stood out. My fiancé looked and said nothing stood out to him. It’s taking everything in me not to google.

I guess, my main reason for posting is ... does anyone else have similar? I know, rationally, it’s probably as simple as just the texture that’s “normal” for me, but I guess I’ve always felt a little better hearing someone else they have the same issue. Like I said, normally there’s no pain or itching, and the latter only applies when I feel a yeast infection coming on. I have had a pap smear & came back negative for HPV, and my dr didn’t say anything about a strange appearance or anything of the sort.

Truthfully, I’ve always been a little anxious about STD tests, pap smears, checkups, whatever. I’ve had some sexual trauma, and I know ultimately that’s the root of the intrusive thoughts I have related to STDS. With my last sexual partner, I used condoms always... but, I was younger and didn’t realize the risk that came with oral sex. I keep freaking out thinking that what I’m noticing now is a result of something in my past, even though I know the chances are slim, if not none.

Re: More Worries...

Hi, I get those intermittently, I did once manage to find them on Google but I can't remember what they were - they have a name.
    They are not a concern.

Mine seem to come and go, I was freaked the first time I found one but then forgot until quite recently I was in the shower and realised there was another one.

I'm 60 and have survived pretty well so far.

Thread Information