Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thyroid disease and vaccine

Thyroid disease and vaccine

I have Hashimoto and hypotireosis, the thing is I haven't been to the doctor for too long, I am not taking meds, I suffer from HA and last couple of years were pretty bad for me, I was so scared if I go to the doctor they will find something sinister, I know, there is no excuse...

So, I've read that people with thyroid disease can be vaccinated IF they are medically stable. But I am not. And I think my thyroid went crazy, I have all the symptoms. Since all this madness started I couldn't go to the doctor and in my country is currently a third wave so I really can't risk going now. What do I do? This is horrible. I can't receive vaccine? But I also can't go to the doctor because I can catch covid there.
    And it would probably take months to stabilize my condition so that means I would have to wait for months to get the vaccine. I am doomed, I'll get covid till then!

Do anyone here knows can I get the vaccine even if my thyroid hormones are mess?

Re: Thyroid disease and vaccine

I really think you need to ask your doctor this question as we are not medically qualified to do so

Good luck with it

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I really think you need to ask your doctor this question as we are not medically qualified to do so

Good luck with it
    Took the type out of my fingers

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It is really good to see a doctor. Getting the vaccine without any professional consultation may worsen your current situation. It is better to get check up and not assume.

And I hope you are doing good.

Thank you all. I'll call my doctor tomorrow. I don't feel well for the last few days, very sleepy and feeling fatigue, having goosebumps, I've had that a year ago and I think it's thyroid related. I am so scared. Scared of covid, of dying, I will go crazy if I can't get the vaccine (probably can't because I am feeling unwell) but I am also scared of the vaccine, it's been a horrible year and I don't see an end.

So, my doctor in one minute phone conversation said I can get the vaccine. It's not that I don't believe him but I have no other choice because I don't have any other doctor to ask.
    I will get Pfizer on Monday if I manage to get there, half hour walk, it will be exciting because I am already dying of anxiety.
    If I die, it was meant to be.

I have terrible eyelid twitching right now and I am scared that my nerves are damaged and that the vaccine will paralyse me just like those other people I saw on news. I've read about someone's grandma who had some slight nerve damage and after vaccine she had 39 temperature for a week and more and was completely paralysed. She was really healthy before that.

So, I don't know. I can't live anymore with the fear of covid, I don't have any other choice. If I die, it will be because doctors just don't care.

My wife has thyroid issues and takes a low dose med to control it. Other than the normal side effects, she was fine. You will be too.

Ppositive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I don't take meds, that's why I am concerned. But thank you, I really hope so.

Ok... well let us know how you make out....

FMP

Do you choose not to take meds for your thyroid condition?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information