Thread: Covid and menstruation

Covid and menstruation

Hi

So my mun tested positive for covid at the end of March and the rest of us in the house then isolated for ten days. The day after my mum tested positive the rest of the family got symptoms but didn't get tests done since we were isolating anyway. I'm quite certain I had Covid. By the end of the ten days I felt back to normal mostly, but it took nearly a week longer to get my sense of smell back.

To cut a long story short I got covid just after my last cycle ended and now I'm 11 days late. I've never had sex so can't be pregnant, but the delay to my cycle has me freaking out. I'm usually 25-28 days and now it's day 39. Only once have I gone this long and that was in September after I made a sudden start back in the gym and didn't start until day 42.

I'm 27 and worried. Anyone else experienced this?

Re: Covid and menstruation

I’d say if you go later than your latest cycle it’s a good idea to talk to your doc, if nothing else than for peace of mind. But until then don’t worry too much. Periods are pretty variable, and even more so when under any kind of stress.

I’m glad you’re feeling better from covid.

Re: Covid and menstruation

Illness and stress can both delay periods, they subtly change the hormone chemistry and I would think most women will experience this at some point in their reproductive years. You've experienced this happening before, so know it can happen, I honestly wouldn't worry AT ALL. I've not had COVID, so can't comment on that aspect of the scenario, but have I had delays when younger - absolutely - and once absent entirely for 6 months for no medical reason at all !

Thread Information