Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Dose Just Done

First Dose Just Done

Just taken first 10mg dose after staring at it for hours. My anxiety is through the roof in fear of side effects. So now the waiting game. I'm trying to think that this will make me better in the long run and not worse. Positive mental attitude and all that. So the journey begins

Re: First Dose Just Done

1.5 hours in, hot sweats bit twitchy (I am anyway) but ok. No nausea yet. Heightened anxiety but that's coz I'm expecting side effects lol.

Few hours and bit of a turn for the worse, anxiety very high, jittery, dizzy. Lying on sofa extremely twitchy now.

Do the side effects ease off between doses or remain constant ?

Anxiety dropped a little. Headache / thick head. Bit of cold like symptoms. At one point I was freezing now I'm OK. Like a roller coaster is this. I'm still here though that's the main thing

Your posts seem to be mostly you talking yourself into having side-effects. Distraction works so find something to do that will absorb your attention rather than ruminating over side-effects. The thing to keep in mind is that while they can be unpleasant side-effects rarely do any physical harm.

Not sure I'm talking myself into them, I sat and watched the snooker all afternoon playing poker on my phone. That's just what's happened throughout the day. Due my next one at 11am.

I had no sleep issues which was nice, in fact I slept right through. I feel fine this morning

Is 11am a time of day you can be sure of always being able to take it? Once citalopram plasma levels stabilize to a steady-state which takes about 7 days it usually doesn't matter much what time they are taken, but consistency is important.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Is 11am a time of day you can be sure of always being able to take it? Once citalopram plasma levels stabilize to a steady-state which takes about 7 days it usually doesn't matter much what time they are taken, but consistency is important.
    Is a good point - I wanted to start at 9am but I was to scared yesterday but plucked up the courage at 11:30am, so today I bought it forward 30 mins and will do so each day until I take it at 9am

Took it 1.5 hours ago and feel fine today so far

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughAlready View Post
    Is a good point - I wanted to start at 9am but I was to scared yesterday but plucked up the courage at 11:30am, so today I bought it forward 30 mins and will do so each day until I take it at 9am
    Time isn't that critical, especially when you are taking the dose early. You can go straight to 9am if you wish.

Just to update.
    Nearly 2 weeks in and I'm good. Side effects disappeared after 4-5 days and I'm starting to feel improvements. Partner says I'm more chatty, I feel like I'm calmer and my head space is becoming clearer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information