Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange spot, skin cancer?

Strange spot, skin cancer?

Hello. It’s been awhile. It’s not me but my husband.
    2 weeks ago he scratched a “spot” on his shoulder it poured with blood. Stopped. He caught it again and it bled.
    It hasn’t healed and gone away? Is it just a stubborn spot or something Sinister. A new form a of skin has layered over the top so I guess it’s healing. But it looks a little shiny on top.
    Can’t find anything too similar on dr google. However nodular melanoma has me slightly concerned.

Thanks in advance from a worried wife.

Re: Strange spot, skin cancer?

Don’t worry. I once actually scratched a mole off and I didn’t think it would ever stop bleeding. It eventually stopped and then healed and hasn’t bothered me since. That was 8 years ago and I’m still here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. How long did it take to heal for you?
    His has been there for 2 weeks it’s not for bigger or anything. It looks like a little spot with blood underneath.
    It’s probably just a spot but anxiety has you thinking you never know right!

Once I stopped fiddling with it, probably a few weeks. I went into panic mode with my anxiety but it was absolutely fine. I once also scratched a small mole/freckle off completely and it disappeared and never came back! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. He had an appointment to see a nurse a practitioner. Unfortunately she says it could be a nodular melanoma or it could be nothing a just a cherry angioma or nothing. She’s referred him under the 2 week urgent referral.
    I’m heartbroken. I can barely function or breath.
    We have gone private. So he’s seeing a dermatologist on Monday. But this wait is killing me.
    We have three little boys and I can’t even think about what may or may not happen.

Please don't kill your husband off just yet. It could be nothing at all and the worry will not do you any good.

Just go with the flow.
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 08-05-21 at 19:47.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I wish I could. I’m so worried I feel sick to my stomach. This cancer is rare and even rare in under 60s. He’s only 31.
    I don’t know how a spot can pop up for three weeks and be cancer.
    The lesion blanches under pressure. If I press it the blood disappears and then returns when I let go. Online it says melanomas don’t blanch......
    It even looks smaller today. But I’m so frightened by what the nurse has said. Survival rates for this cancer aren’t great at all.
    I’m just looking for comfort I suppose until Monday. I pray that nothing becomes of this.
    Last edited by Charlottemay; 08-05-21 at 19:24. Reason: Missed word

Yes so it highly unlikely to be cancer - try and be realistic and positive

Even if it is cancer it can be cut out and then gone so why are you putting a death sentence on him?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Because nodular melanoma is the worst skin cancer you can get. It spreads underneath very quickly. Making the survival rate even worse. This is why I’m worried. I’m so worried they will confirm my worst fears tomorrow. I’m not quite sure how to deal with it all.

But no-one has said it is cancer.

Wait and see before stressing yourself out so much and getting ill yourself over it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information