Thread: Escaping the doom and gloom

Escaping the doom and gloom

Hey friends! It's been a while. I've been doing really great. I finally had my hysterectomy 3 months ago and it was like this massive weight lifted off my shoulders (and out of my abdomen - my uterus/fibroids were almost 3 pounds!).

I've been feeling absolutely wonderful the past few weeks, but this week the doom feeling is looming over me. I think my anxiety is rising because of the impending reopening of life. Today should be a really exciting day - it marks my full Covid immunity post-vaccine! But, it also marks the start of hopping back on the conveyor belt of life, which suddenly seems REALLY overwhelming.

I've been feeling great during my recovery period, but I think I overdid it a bit this week with yoga and cleaning my daughter's room to prepare for new furniture because I've been feeling so swollen and heavy in my pelvic area. I *know* the most likely reason is exactly that - swelling. But, my mind went immediately to prolapse since that is a real possibility post-hysterectomy (and also post vaginal birth, which I've had). I made an appt to see my gyn on Friday, but of course the wait is killing me. This is the third bit of health anxiety my mind has landed on this week, so I am already recognizing my pattern and trying to remember that I've had this swelling pressure feeling at other times during recovery and it's gone away. It's really only been 3 days, which is nothing.

I hate my anxiety brain sometimes. I've been feeling nothing but exquisite joy lately about the future. Finally, after so many years of suffering and worrying! I wish my mind would let me hold on to that instead of looking at it as a red flag that it needs to start finding things to worry about!!

Not sure the point of this except to vent out these feelings!

I hope you all are doing well. I haven't been around the forum in a while and I miss you all!

Re: Escaping the doom and gloom

So glad to hear that the surgery went well, Erin! Recovery after any surgery takes a while. I remember when I had a different surgery in 2015, it was six months, maybe even a year, before I didn't have any surgery related aches or pains anymore. Nothing too bad, but it took a while to get back to completely normal/comfortable again.

I know what you mean about getting back to regular life. Sometimes I think I'd have less anxiety if I didn't have to work, but other times it helps get my mind off of things, too.

Re: Escaping the doom and gloom

Hey Erin!
    So pleased you had your hysterectomy finally and that it went well.
    I’m really sorry that you are having some anxiety, but it’s good you’ve booked in to see what’s going on. You’ve suffered with these for so many years, so it’s not like you can just switch off.
    I know what you mean about getting back to real life, but it’s (mostly) up to you with the speed you go at it. I’ve started by going back to my office, and honestly it’s a bit like riding a bike. I’m not quite ready for some things either. It’s 3 weeks today since my first vaccine so I’m feeling good about that too.

Let us know how you get on on Friday x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information