Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alone tonight

Re: Alone tonight

I'm definitely going to plan my time. I think he'll be leaving around 8.30, and my normal routine is to turn in at 9, spend 20-30 minutes doing Polish on Duolingo, watch a couple of YouTube videos and then either put music or rainfall sounds on.

Tonight, I want to be a good wife and stay up late making him a plum crumble, but realistically, it's not happening. Might spend a bit of extra sofa time, though, and watch a film before bed, and might take my chances with the kitten and her bladder.

Hi Blue, I know exactly how you feel about this scenario as I have been trying to deal with this fear myself for quite sometime. Its more the fear of becoming panicky and resulting in a full on panic attack and being alone to deal with it.
    Personally I would keep your evening as normal and natural as possible. But I would keep your evening full as possible. A notepad with what programmes you might watch, people to call, maybe your crafting, etc might help.
    And if you need some company later on, I'll be in chat room tonight from 10.30pm onwards. Please don't hesitate to join me and a few others.
    Carn x

Thanks for the invitation, Carnation; if I'm awake, I'll definitely hop on.

It will be a safety net for your Blue and it will be nice to see you if you can't sleep. x

Sorry to hear you are feeling so apprehensive. However, you have some great activities lined up to manage the situation. It might be an idea to watch a movie on tv and delay bedtime a little. I find a hot bath last thing at night helps me to relax.
    Nothing bad is going to happen to your husband - he must be v precious to you. Think of the nice breakfast you can have together the next day and catch up on each others news!
    There are plenty of people on this site who will be thinking of you & wishing you well tonight

Okay, so, we spent most of the afternoon thinking he wasn't going because he hadn't received a pass, but apparently that's not going to be necessary as he can pick it up when he gets there.

I've made him a spiced plum crumble, though, and we've agreed I get to have the cats in bed with me even though the kitten can't be completely trusted not to piss there.

Now, I just need to remind myself I've had coffee and chocolate today, and not watch any more episodes of the horror series I was mainlining.

...They'll pry my true crime podcasts out of my cold dead hands, though.

That spiced plum crumble sounds good

Let me know if you want my recipe? I'll happily share.

Sorry I missed this earlier.
    Hope you’re doing ok and you’ve had a nice evening so far.
    Also hope you don’t wake up in soggy kitten wee duvet, but it’s a small price to pay for kitten smooshes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's nice of you Blue, but I'm too lazy to make

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information