Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: post nasal drip cough,that is so bad, barking. think it might be asbestos

post nasal drip cough,that is so bad, barking. think it might be asbestos

so i got a cold a few weeks ago now, and i dont know if i got another one on top, but i have such a bad cough, sound like a bark and when i talk its kinda worse, and i coughed up mucus ( yellow) but i don't why im not getting better. and im on antibiotics 2 days ( i have been around asbestos. like maybe 10 years ago now, so my mum sand papered a wall int he bathroom, house is so old. and the dust when everywhere, and she made me clean it up, i did, then i realize it prob was asbestos. my mum coughs all the time now bad cough. but yeah its been 2 weeks i have been sick. and this cough sucks, i always get coughs too, but not this bad, but i always but it down to my acid, but now i think maybe its the asbestos, because i cnat stop and i look so bad at work, side note i got the covid shot ahhhh i cnat deal, like why is it getting worse not better

Re: post nasal drip cough,that is so bad, barking. think it might be asbestos

Why don't you work on your health anxiety?

You're really in a rabbit hole. Between thinking cancer is contagious and now this? Might want to seek some real life help for the illness you do have.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

cough that wont go away and then got a flu shot, made it worse, been around asbesto

im freaking out so bad, i have a cough that wont go away.. im soo sacred its soemthign bad, and the pharmacist at work made me get a flu shot... and now im like has this made it worse, whats if the flu shot makes it worse or turns it in to something bad and i have been around asbestos, i am soooooooo scared. i have this cough for over two weeks i think it was maybe getting better and then she made me, i told her i didnt want too. and now its way worse. and i have been on antibiotics a week ago. like this sucks, it so unfair. the flu shot my make it turn into something bad, so im worrying like about 3 things here, and a barking coughing. im am beyond scared

Re: cough that wont go away and then got a flu shot, made it worse, been around asbes

You've already got a thread about your cough (which you didn't respond to) and mentioned you have reflux and post nasal drip. Both of these can cause a persistent cough that will NOT go away with treatment.

First thing you need to do is pull yourself together a bit and stop having a massive catastrophising session over what is just a cough. Try and stop feeling so victimised as well 'they made me get a flu shot'....'this is so unfair'. It's just life, we all have to deal with it.

Right now you're worrying over nothing.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: cough that wont go away and then got a flu shot, made it worse, been around asbes

Ahhh sorry guys I didn’t u will all be mean to me. But well I’m not sure it’s okay drip cough. Because I did have a cold. But anyways I was more wondering if the flu shot made it worse and I just want to get better and I told her no and she did it. So I am a little pissed off. But thanks for the nastiest

There's nothing nasty about a reality check - I suffer from health anxiety, too, and sometimes I need a bit of a kick up the bum to help me be realistic.

Out of interest, how do you think the flu vaccination works that it could do something like that?

To be honest it wa said nasty and I am really worried I was getting better and now it’s so bad. So I am allow to be worried.I thought this was page for people who worry my bad and sorry, hope you are super health tho

The forum is supposed to be for people who want to recover from anxiety, which means admitting that the worrying itself is a problem - does that make sense?

If you have reflux and post nasal drip, these can both cause a nasty cough. I know that my reflux tends to get worse when I'm stressed and anxious, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information