Thread: Its my sons 6th birthday, and I知 spiraling over liver cancer

Its my sons 6th birthday, and I知 spiraling over liver cancer

Title says it all. I’ve had right upper quadrant pain for the last eight months, recently developed back pain. Have chest X-ray, breast ultrasound, lipase tests.. original doctor says it’s costochondritis but I have no painful or tender areas. Went to see my new doctor the other day because I feared lung cancer, but she pressed on my abdomen and it hurt and in her notes she wrote I have a positive Murphy’s sign, but no other gallbladder symptoms. This leads me to believe that it’s my liver, and I am going to die and leave my 6 and 3 year old without a mom. I am in the bathroom crying while I should be making my son his birthday breakfast. I feel sick and alone and scared. Someone please help me rationalize? I’m terrified, I’ve had this for eight months which means it would be so far along

Yes, I am in therapy, it doesn’t seem to be helping

Re: Its my sons 6th birthday, and I知 spiraling over liver cancer

What coping strategies has your therapist taught you?

You have decided it is liver cancer but a trained doctor never even suggested that - does that not tell you something?

泥on't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live. - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

None. He is focusing on getting to the bottom of what started the health anxiety

I know, I know.. she didn’t suggest anything honestly, just the ultrasound. Everything else was left up for interpretation

OK, the first thing is that if you have had pain in your upper right quadrant , and back pain - and Murphy's sign (which I needed to look up) - then those could indeed all be gallbladder. SO, the question has to be, why are you jumping to Liver cancer ? You say 'no other gallbladder symptoms' yet you mentioned two in your post above and don't mention any liver cancer symptoms I would suggest to you that you will really regret not throwing yourself into your 6 year olds Birthday celebrations. If tomorrow you found out you had limited time to live, and I don't think for a MOMENT that is the case (so please don't jump onto that phrase) then building happy memories with and for your children would be paramount. Why not live like that today ?

What further action is being taken for your pains ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    OK, the first thing is that if you have had pain in your upper right quadrant , and back pain - and Murphy's sign (which I needed to look up) - then those could indeed all be gallbladder. SO, the question has to be, why are you jumping to Liver cancer ? You say 'no other gallbladder symptoms' yet you mentioned two in your post above and don't mention any liver cancer symptoms I would suggest to you that you will really regret not throwing yourself into your 6 year olds Birthday celebrations. If tomorrow you found out you had limited time to live, and I don't think for a MOMENT that is the case (so please don't jump onto that phrase) then building happy memories with and for your children would be paramount. Why not live like that today ?

What further action is being taken for your pains ?
    Well, everything I’ve read says gallbladder pain is more like an attack, with sharp, debilitating pain. Mine is dull and consistent. I also used to drink heavily.. I no longer do and haven’t for around 6 months, but I worry I did damage that is now coming to light. But, you are right and what you said helped. I am trying to focus on his birthday and not show him anything but happiness. It can just be hard to see through the fear. It’s really helpful to talk through it though

Thread Information