Thread: Bathroom issues - TMI

Bathroom issues - TMI

Hey everyone,
    For the past three weeks I’ve been having some strange bathroom issues. It began with constipation - and I’m someone that goes easily twice a day. But now I’m down to once a day. Sometimes twice. In the morning it’s just diarrhea. But sometimes I’m able to go later during the day too but it’s very ribbon like or flat. I haven’t had a well-formed #2 in ages. I have slight discomfort in my upper left abdomen but it’s not constant. It’s also not pain. It’s almost like a feeling of my colon being stretched there. It’s really odd! No blood or anything, thank God. Is this just IBS? Or should I go to the doc? I’ve been worried as it is a change from my usual bowel habits and apparently colon cancer is on the rise in the young. I’m a skinny 33 year old btw. No family history, no smoking or drinking.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Bathroom issues - TMI

I'm getting very strong IBS vibes, but I think it's common sense to get any bowel changes checked out by your GP. Any dietary changes recently? Stress?

Yeah, we recently were in a crazy housing market and once we bought a place we were hit with some surprise costs. So stress for sure, but I think I’m still more stressed about my bathroom habits! So maybe it’s a neverending cycle!

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    Yeah, we recently were in a crazy housing market and once we bought a place we were hit with some surprise costs. So stress for sure, but I think I’m still more stressed about my bathroom habits! So maybe it’s a neverending cycle!
    There you go then! Buying is house is one of the most stressful things you'll ever do and your digestive system is copping for that stress. I've had everything you've described (and more) and no cancer. I'm confident that yours is IBS too but my policy is always to get new stuff checked out buy the docs because it's common sense. Plus, I like to make them work for those posh cars!

Thank you so much for your response Nora. How long did you have flat stools for? That’s what’s scaring me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    Thank you so much for your response Nora. How long did you have flat stools for? That’s what’s scaring me the most.
    It was intermittent, and lasted for a few months. I also get thinner/flatter stools when I've been neglecting fibre and water. Try adjusting those and see if it helps?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information