Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First dose of AstraZeneca before under 40s guidance changed

First dose of AstraZeneca before under 40s guidance changed

*Trigger warning - discussing vaccine side effects and fears*

Hi,

I was just hoping to perhaps get some reassurance as my anxiety has sky rocketed thanks to the new guidance rolled out in the UK today regarding AstraZeneca.

I’m in my early 30s and had my first dose of AstraZeneca last week. I’ve struggled to keep my anxiety under control because of the blood clot stories in the news. To the point I’ve been wishing I never had it as it’s made my anxiety so bad.

This morning I woke up with day 6 of a headache since my jab. This headache isn’t severe and doesn’t match any of the criteria to call 111 on the NHS website but it’s there. Like a tension headache behind my eyes.
    Well with this in mind, I’ve just seen the news bulletin that under 40s should not have AstraZeneca due to the blood clot risk. I went into an immediate panic attack. My heart went insane.

I’m really struggling to get my anxiety under control. This is a mild headache and I just can’t even tell any longer if it’s stress causing the headache.

Thank you for any tips or reassurance.

Daisy

Re: First dose of AstraZeneca before under 40s guidance changed

Thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate it. Everything with covid and now side effects for jabs, it’s a lot for those of us with health anxiety.

My headache definitely goes away with pain killers. It feels as if I’m crossed eye, that kind of sensation. Definitely tension behind the eyes and across the forehead etc. But I’m sure I am tensing my neck and shoulders and paying attention to my head a lot more than normal!

It becomes really hard to know what is to be expected and what warrants worrying about. The news today has just thrown me into a panic. I wish I never knew the risks and side effects. I refused the side effects list at the jab but it’s hard to escape the stories of clots on social media, radio, tv etc.

Hi DaisyFay,

Hope you’re feeling a bit better now! I’m the same as you, I’m 31 and I had my AstraZeneca vaccine on the 17th April. I am now out of the 4 days- 4 weeks time period of clot symptoms but I have to reassure you that I had very very similar symptoms to you. I had a headache for like 3 weeks after my vaccine. Like you it wasn’t severe but literally everyday. I gave myself stomach issues and pain in my calves and palpitations. Conveniently all of this disappeared as soon as I hit day 28 after the vaccine. Anxiety can cause of a lot of symptoms to come up, especially tension headaches. I also contacted my GP because I was so stressed and he did tell me that symptoms to do with a clot would not come and go and would get consistently worse. Our minds are our worst enemies sometimes. Although the guidance has changed for under 40s, the likeness of getting a clot even for younger ages is very rare. Try not to stress! You’ll be okay

Quote Originally Posted by PiaR View Post
    Hi DaisyFay,

Hope you’re feeling a bit better now! I’m the same as you, I’m 31 and I had my AstraZeneca vaccine on the 17th April. I am now out of the 4 days- 4 weeks time period of clot symptoms but I have to reassure you that I had very very similar symptoms to you. I had a headache for like 3 weeks after my vaccine. Like you it wasn’t severe but literally everyday. I gave myself stomach issues and pain in my calves and palpitations. Conveniently all of this disappeared as soon as I hit day 28 after the vaccine. Anxiety can cause of a lot of symptoms to come up, especially tension headaches. I also contacted my GP because I was so stressed and he did tell me that symptoms to do with a clot would not come and go and would get consistently worse. Our minds are our worst enemies sometimes. Although the guidance has changed for under 40s, the likeness of getting a clot even for younger ages is very rare. Try not to stress! You’ll be okay
    Thabks for writing that Pia, I'm 36 and I get my 2nd jab of AZ today. In the weeks leading to the vaccination I was going back and forth on whether to take it or not. In the end I didn't cancel it, and I am going there at 16:00. I still feel some nervousness around it, but I try not to think about it for now.

Thank you so much for your lovely post.
    I was exactly the same, my headache continued for a few weeks then disappeared around the time I entered the ‘safe zone’. So probably a small amount of side effects but mostly anxiety.
    I’ve had to up my therapy sessions, which my therapist generously offered to do for free as I started having daily panic attacks.
    For me, it was a massive trigger.
    But a month out now, all sides effects gone and daily panic attacks stopped.
    I’m going to need to do some work on my anxiety before my next dose as I’m already starting to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    Thabks for writing that Pia, I'm 36 and I get my 2nd jab of AZ today. In the weeks leading to the vaccination I was going back and forth on whether to take it or not. In the end I didn't cancel it, and I am going there at 16:00. I still feel some nervousness around it, but I try not to think about it for now.
    Well done for sticking to the appointment. It takes guts to face up to a fear. I hope all went well.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyFay View Post
    Well done for sticking to the appointment. It takes guts to face up to a fear. I hope all went well.
    Hi Daisy, It did. I feel very good. Much, much better than after receiving the 1st dose. No headache, no chills, no weakness, nothing! Apparently if you had some side effects after the 1st dose you won't have any after the 2nd. Looking at your side effects it's good news for your second dose!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    Hi Daisy, It did. I feel very good. Much, much better than after receiving the 1st dose. No headache, no chills, no weakness, nothing! Apparently if you had some side effects after the 1st dose you won't have any after the 2nd. Looking at your side effects it's good news for your second dose!
    I’m so glad it all went well. I have booked my second jab for in a few weeks so it is good to hear that the second time has gone much better. I will be glad when it’s all done! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyFay View Post
    I’m so glad it all went well. I have booked my second jab for in a few weeks so it is good to hear that the second time has gone much better. I will be glad when it’s all done! :-)
    All the people I spoke to (online and IRL), who had some unpleasant symptoms after the 1st dose, confirmed that just like me they too had no symptoms at all after the 2nd dose. And I mean every singlenone of them!
    Good luck with your vaccination in a few weeks!

Just as an update to anyone reading this thread, I had my second jab. Felt slightly anxious but felt better knowing that I had had my first jab and everything was ok. I’m glad to say no side effects second time and so pleased to be fully vaccinated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information