Thread: Tingling sensation in my legs.

Tingling sensation in my legs.

I’m a 29 year old male and have noticed some strange sensations lately, mostly in my legs, but also elsewhere in my body. I’m not sure how to best describe what I’m experiencing, but it feels like a tingling sensation at times and like something is crawling on me at other times. I also noticed that my hair has been standing up on my legs, almost like after I get an adrenaline rush. I’ve also had body-wide twitching for about two and a half years and get occasional jerks. I’ve noticed that these issues seem to get worse when I’m stressed or exhausted, but I have a hard time accepting that those factors are responsible, seeing as how I’m not always stressed out or exhausted. I’m going to bring this all up at my doctor’s appointment in a few weeks, but am concerned about this.

Re: Tingling sensation in my legs.

The 'ants crawling on skin/water droplets' thing is a well documented anxiety skin response.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    The 'ants crawling on skin/water droplets' thing is a well documented anxiety skin response.
    Hi Carys, I think what alarmed me about my situation is that the hairs on my legs have been standing up, which I’m hoping is some sort of adrenaline response. It’s one thing to feel this sensation, but to see my body’s reaction to whatever this is is more concerning to me.

Have you heard the phrase 'even the hairs on the back of his neck stood up! [when scared]' A fear adrenaline response causes goosebumps/hairs to stand up.

Everything you've describe is caused by anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Have you heard the phrase 'even the hairs on the back of his neck stood up! [when scared]' A fear adrenaline response causes goosebumps/hairs to stand up.

Everything you've describe is caused by anxiety.
    It’s amazing how many symptoms can be attributed to stress/anxiety, but the apparent randomness of the symptoms I’ve been experiencing only seem to stress me out, which obviously makes things worse.

Thread Information