Thread: So exhausted, now mysterious breast pimple??

So exhausted, now mysterious breast pimple??

I'm beyond exhausted. The past 14 months have been absolute hell for my health anxiety. But I managed. I developed some neurological symptoms due to missing physio last year, but that turned out to be an easy fix (I have a mobility disability). MRI, tests, neurologist. I coped. I was just holding on for the vaccine and two weeks ago I finally got the sweet relief of the first jab. I started to feel better. Hopeful and happy, even. Fast-forward to this morning. Wake up, brush against my boob... OUCH. Ok, I'm PMSing, my breasts are sore. But the nipple? Nipple looks normal but has swollen bump with white head. Instant panic. Poke white bump... it bursts and sebum and white gunk comes out. Just like a regular pimple. Disinfect and put plaster on. Looks ridiculous.

Spend day googling and you can imagine how that went. Can't find a single mention of blocked pores or pimples on nipples in women who aren't breast feeding. Awesome. All kind of weird crap comes up, nothing fits. Not even the dreaded inflammatory breast cancer (I don't think it features blocked pores). Boob looks normal. Keep poking it. Hurts because I'm super hormonal. And because I keep poking it.

Friends tell me they get those nipple pimples, but they're not a thing online? So I'm just working myself into a panic. Can any boob owners relate?

Is it ok to just keep an eye on it for the moment? I'm also side-eyeing the vaccine because I know it can screw with hormones and cause all kinds of weird things. I just don't have the energy to go through the doctor circus YET AGAIN. I'm sensible, I don't let things slide. So would be keeping an eye on it for a few weeks.

But I'm mostly just tired of my health anxiety and my body constantly throwing up strange crap I have to worry about. I just need a moment to breathe after this hellish year.

Re: So exhausted, now mysterious breast pimple??

Just like a regular pimple.
    Yep, sure sounds that way, but then, the next that follows......

Spend day googling and you can imagine how that went.
    .....so why would you do that ? I mean, you'd already come to the obvious conclusion, then started looking for other things, thats really not a good idea is it.

But I'm mostly just tired of my health anxiety and my body constantly throwing up strange crap
    Bodies constantly 'throw things up'. I personally have had plenty of pimples on my chest/breast area over a lifetime, and I'm sure most women have at a certain point in life. If you are tired of the HA, then really you need to go with your logical brain, that rationalised the spot, dealt with it and then stuck a plaster on it and waited for it to go (and dismissed it). The further step of then googling has led you down a really unhelpful path. Be prepared that not everything fits every single pattern that you can find online, be prepared that here and there odd lumps, bumps, rough patches, pains, blemishes happen, a diagnosis isn't needed for everything and it certainly doesn't need intensive research. Most thing go on their own. You allowed HA to take control of the situation here.

Is it ok to just keep an eye on it for the moment?
    Of course ! Its a spot.

Re: So exhausted, now mysterious breast pimple??

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information