Thread: Burping, gurgling tummy, diarrhoea

Burping, gurgling tummy, diarrhoea

Hi everyone. I’ve been great with my health anxiety lately - but just had a lapse 😔

I’ve recently had a gurgly tummy, been burping a lot and had diarrhoea. My tummy feels very unsettled and I’m worried it could be something sinister like bowel or stomach cancer.

I’m 30 years old and in fairly good shape. Is it likely this could be an issue? I’ve been having loose stools for a while, but I’m not sure if that’s due to me moving to a more veggie diet. But the recent gurgling, burping and diarrhoea has come on over the past 4/5 days.

I’d be grateful for any thoughts, reassurance or anyone else who’s had similar?

Thank you - I hope my health anxiety gets better again after this.

Re: Burping, gurgling tummy, diarrhoea

Could be IBS or probably cos of the diet change.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Burping, gurgling tummy, diarrhoea

Quote Originally Posted by Ellvee View Post

I’ve recently had a gurgly tummy, been burping a lot and had diarrhoea. My tummy feels very unsettled and I’m worried it could be something sinister like bowel or stomach cancer.

I’m 30 years old and in fairly good shape. Is it likely this could be an issue? I’ve been having loose stools for a while, but I’m not sure if that’s due to me moving to a more veggie diet. But the recent gurgling, burping and diarrhoea has come on over the past 4/5 days.

I’d be grateful for any thoughts, reassurance or anyone else who’s had similar?
    Too much fibre, or introducing too much fibre too quickly, will give you the shits and your colon won't know what's hit it!

This will also create other gastro symptoms like gurgling, excessive wind, and stomach cramps- especially if you're hammering flatulence offending veggies like cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage.

Throw in some good old health anxiety fear because of these (expected) dietary changes - and you've got IBS.

Thread Information