Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My anxiety is so bad about getting the vaccine...

Re: My anxiety is so bad about getting the vaccine...

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The thing to remember here is that you actually want to have the vaccine. You want to protect yourself. Yes there will be fear on the day and in the lead up to the day but that's ok. You have support from your family and friends both before and after. It's down to you though and what you feel comfortable with..The vaccine versus anxiety.

What could cause this?
    I'm sure I replied to this on another thread when you asked it ? Errrr, yes, it was this thread about fainting , just checked.

People 'passing out' is nothing more than people fainting from needle phobias I should think, or standard panic attacks and anxiety following the vaccine. Its just fainting, that people do when they have highly anxious situations - it just so happens that this mass vaccination effort is causing all the people with needle phobias to be together at the same time LOL. Someone did it infront of me as I went into the hall to have mine, he was fine within minutes and sitting and chatting.

Hi there,

I understand that, just wondering why it didn’t happen before but instead happened after the waiting period...my friend also said he didn’t actually see him get up or open his eyes. They had to put him on a stretcher and an ambulance came.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    I agree with others here that the fainting is probably people with needle phobias passing out. That might even be me later today lol (hopefully not though). I'm so sorry you're feeling so worried about the vaccine, and can completely empathise. What I will say though, is that you seem quite focussed on that first 15 to 20 minuets after the jab, so in a way that's a good thing because if you can just push yourself to get the vaccine and get past those 20 minuets, you'll be good to go! I guess it's having the courage to go through with it but once you do I bet you'll be really pleased you did.
    Hi Dan, please tell me how it goes today! Will be thinking of you. I know it will go well.
    What makes me wonder is why it happened after her got the needle...and my friend said he didn’t really see him open his eyes after. They had to put him on a stretcher and the ambulance came.
    Yes the first 15-20 minutes are where my anxiety is around, very true! I’ll definitely be so relieved once I get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by jennclark View Post
    Hi Dan, please tell me how it goes today! Will be thinking of you. I know it will go well.
    What makes me wonder is why it happened after her got the needle...and my friend said he didn’t really see him open his eyes after. They had to put him on a stretcher and the ambulance came.
    Yes the first 15-20 minutes are where my anxiety is around, very true! I’ll definitely be so relieved once I get it over with.
    i was the same, i brought a magazine but ended up just chatting to others who were waiting then bang, 15 minutes up , thtat was dec and jan and im still here, didnt have bad side effects just flulike symptoms and now i dont even give it a 2nd thought, try to relax but bring something to take your mind off it, just incase your dont wish to talk to others xx

Quote Originally Posted by jennclark View Post
    Hi there,

I understand that, just wondering why it didn’t happen before but instead happened after the waiting period...my friend also said he didn’t actually see him get up or open his eyes. They had to put him on a stretcher and an ambulance came.
    Do you think your friend was winding you up? How helpful is this to include here, Jen? It's really triggering for many and may not even be true.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieJay92 View Post
    i was the same, i brought a magazine but ended up just chatting to others who were waiting then bang, 15 minutes up , thtat was dec and jan and im still here, didnt have bad side effects just flulike symptoms and now i dont even give it a 2nd thought, try to relax but bring something to take your mind off it, just incase your dont wish to talk to others xx
    Hi Julia,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I will make sure to bring a book or something to take my mind off of it.

I’m just counting down the days now to Sunday...still so scared but I’m going to push myself to go and try.

Tomorrow is the day of my vaccine, I am still extremely nervous and feeling very anxious. But it isn’t as bad as how I was feeling last week when I first booked my appointment.

Hoping all goes well tomorrow, I should be getting Pfizer. Just really hoping and praying that nothing bad happens during that 15 minute wait time.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information