Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My anxiety is so bad about getting the vaccine...

Re: My anxiety is so bad about getting the vaccine...

urrrrgh 80 odd people waiting in line, thats pretty poorly managed appointment-ing ! Not sure waiting that long would be something I could do, gives you a chance to ponder and worry far too much. I was able to walk straight into the building with 3 people infront of me only booking in.

At least you took yourself there and I certainly don't blame you for not going ahead in those circumstances.

It sounds really badly organised. I hope you manage to find somewhere more appropriate and more suited to what you need. Maybe avoid the weekend and choose a time which would be quieter ie during the working day?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    urrrrgh 80 odd people waiting in line, thats pretty poorly managed appointment-ing ! Not sure waiting that long would be something I could do, gives you a chance to ponder and worry far too much. I was able to walk straight into the building with 3 people infront of me only booking in.
    I agree! VERY poorly managed. These weren’t walk ins either, we had to have an appointment. I don’t get how they had that many people to go inside one building. It was large but I still felt uncomfortable even going inside there.

As soon as I saw that line up i made my boyfriend drive by and I had a panic attack. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to wait there already anxious with so many people around. I think my brain felt over stimulated. I didn’t get out of the car. We sat in the parking lot watching as so many people were coming and going.

My parents went on a week day and only had maybe 5-10 in front of them last month. I’m going to hopefully try again probably next month. People 18+ only recently are able to get it from over a week ago so I think that’s why it’s so packed. I’m hoping by next month maybe most people would have gone already and it won’t be as bad...bleh I’ve been feeling so sad ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    Carys- I was thinking the same! Sounds like some huge inner city place possibly? Might just be worth driving out of the city if that's the case to a smaller town vaccination place or finding a small pharmacy in the city that will do it... a line with 80 people sounds horrendous!

Really hope you can find somewhere you feel more comfortable going soon Jen, I know today was very difficult for you and I can fully relate to that horrible depressing feeling after not being able to go ahead with an appointment but I'm confident if you can find a more easy going place to get your vaccine that you'll be able to get this done, perhaps even sooner than next month
    So terribly managed. I live in the suburbs outside of Toronto but still a lot of people live here. I went to a vaccine clinic they opened at a college by my house. I can’t believe the amount of people considering it was by appointment and not like one of the pop ups they’ve been doing across Toronto.

The thing is I can’t really go outside of my area code because you are supposed to be going to the locations nearest to you. I really wish I could go to a smaller town and do it there. The pharmacies are also starting to do walk ins and appointments but I will see if they have Pfizer. I heard they had Moderna and completely stopped AZ. I still would prefer to get Pfizer.

I’ll just wait and see how it goes. I might book again during a week day and just take time off work.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    At least you took yourself there and I certainly don't blame you for not going ahead in those circumstances.

It sounds really badly organised. I hope you manage to find somewhere more appropriate and more suited to what you need. Maybe avoid the weekend and choose a time which would be quieter ie during the working day?
    Yes, I’m happy I tried but also still feeling very down that I didn’t go in and get it. I actually want the vaccine, but with how things are managed so poorly it makes it so hard for people like me.

I went home after the incident. I might see if I can book during the week, it’s just such a pain to book. The system they have isn’t the greatest.

Hi, I just came on this site to see if there were any threads about this as it will be my turn to have one very soon (they're doing the 38 year olds this week here in the UK & I'm 37). I have to say, the first thing I thought of when I read about the man passing out was it could be anxiety. I have severe health anxiety & I know from my past experiences of having blood tests, smears, even a simple eye test, my anxiety does not go straight after having them done. I always have to wait 10 minutes or so before I can get up as I feel so woozy, the nurse gives me a cup of water & tells me to take my time (even though they probably want me to hurry up & get my arse out of there lol, I'm a tricky patient). If I didn't take that time to calm down I'd more than likely faint. Needle phobia is extremely common & that rush of adrenaline could definitely cause someone to pass out. Well done for taking those steps to book the appointment & turn up! When you feel ready try again. There's no rush. And if people are pressuring you explain that's it's difficult for you & that it's your body not theirs.

Take care & keep us updated xx

Quote Originally Posted by Chica18 View Post
    Hi, I just came on this site to see if there were any threads about this as it will be my turn to have one very soon (they're doing the 38 year olds this week here in the UK & I'm 37). I have to say, the first thing I thought of when I read about the man passing out was it could be anxiety. I have severe health anxiety & I know from my past experiences of having blood tests, smears, even a simple eye test, my anxiety does not go straight after having them done. I always have to wait 10 minutes or so before I can get up as I feel so woozy, the nurse gives me a cup of water & tells me to take my time (even though they probably want me to hurry up & get my arse out of there lol, I'm a tricky patient). If I didn't take that time to calm down I'd more than likely faint. Needle phobia is extremely common & that rush of adrenaline could definitely cause someone to pass out. Well done for taking those steps to book the appointment & turn up! When you feel ready try again. There's no rush. And if people are pressuring you explain that's it's difficult for you & that it's your body not theirs.

Take care & keep us updated xx
    Hello Chica,
    Thank you for the advice and for sharing! You’re right about the needle phobia. I’ve never had it before from other needles so I hope I will be okay.

I finally have another appointment booked for the vaccine this Saturday. I will be going to a small pharmacy close by to my house. My boyfriend and I have appointments 10 minutes apart, his is first so I’m hoping that will help me a bit after seeing him get it.

Im so nervous again, but I’m going to go to the pharmacy tomorrow after work and just look around to see how they do it. I think it will calm my nerves for the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by jennclark View Post
    I finally have another appointment booked for the vaccine this Saturday. I will be going to a small pharmacy close by to my house. My boyfriend and I have appointments 10 minutes apart, his is first so I’m hoping that will help me a bit after seeing him get it.

Im so nervous again, but I’m going to go to the pharmacy tomorrow after work and just look around to see how they do it. I think it will calm my nerves for the next day.
    Good luck! If it’s any comfort, if you and your boyfriend are in the same household, see if they’ll let you go in together. That way you can do the 15 minute wait together too. My husband and I did that and it was quite helpful. You’ve got this!

Quote Originally Posted by EKB View Post
    Good luck! If it’s any comfort, if you and your boyfriend are in the same household, see if they’ll let you go in together. That way you can do the 15 minute wait together too. My husband and I did that and it was quite helpful. You’ve got this!
    Thank you! I’m hoping they will let us stay together.

I am extremely anxious today. Finding it hard to function this morning. I feel like calling in sick to work and staying in bed all day. I made the mistake of reading things about the Pfizer vaccine that I shouldn’t have. Is that what you and your husband got?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information