Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My anxiety is so bad about getting the vaccine...

Re: My anxiety is so bad about getting the vaccine...

Please don't read "things" about the Pfizer vaccine if that's the one you are having..It's asking for trouble and if you really want to have this vaccine you need to have it done without complicating matters. If you don't want it then that's fine but don't make things difficult for yourself.

If it’s any comfort, most people I know who have had the vaccine, which is a lot, had the Pfizer one and they all did just fine. My family and I had the Moderna one and did fine. I look at it like medication. They list potential side effects because they have to, BUT most people will not get the severe ones. Even if you read about potential side effects of Tylenol it can freak you out, yet billions of people still probably take it daily. Even though Covid has a high survival rate, the benefit of the vaccines still outweigh the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Please don't read "things" about the Pfizer vaccine if that's the one you are having..It's asking for trouble and if you really want to have this vaccine you need to have it done without complicating matters. If you don't want it then that's fine but don't make things difficult for yourself.
    Yesterday's YouTube video from Dr JC is basically a warning to us about 'disinformation' currently circulating online about the vaccines, originating from France in particular.

Essentially, he is urging us to 'avoid like the plague' such dubious videos and campaigns currently doing the rounds on YouTube, Facebook, etc!

Ugh I know! I need to stop, I’m not helping anyone by reading things about it. It’s like a sick game I play to myself, I need to stop. I told myself I wouldn’t search things today and I have been okay so far. I was able to go to work, I’m done now and working from home so I’m going to try to continue to keep myself occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by StephA View Post
    If it’s any comfort, most people I know who have had the vaccine, which is a lot, had the Pfizer one and they all did just fine. My family and I had the Moderna one and did fine. I look at it like medication. They list potential side effects because they have to, BUT most people will not get the severe ones. Even if you read about potential side effects of Tylenol it can freak you out, yet billions of people still probably take it daily. Even though Covid has a high survival rate, the benefit of the vaccines still outweigh the risk.
    Hello Steph, thank you so much. That is very comforting to know! Most people I know including my family all have had Pfizer. I don’t know how much more proof I need to realize how many people had had the shot and have been okay. I brain always likes to think the worst, I need to break that pattern.
    You’re so right about the Tylenol! I’ve always been so afraid to take any new medication so that’s why it’s been a little rough about the vaccine. It took me a year and many tries to feel comfortable enough to even take my birth control. But I’m okay and was able to do it. So I’m hoping I really have the courage tomorrow. I’m going to stop by the pharmacy soon and just check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Yesterday's YouTube video from Dr JC is basically a warning to us about 'disinformation' currently circulating online about the vaccines, originating from France in particular.

Essentially, he is urging us to 'avoid like the plague' such dubious videos and campaigns currently doing the rounds on YouTube, Facebook, etc!
    You’re right! It’s just the media and people always feel the need to scare everyone. I hate that so much! I even heard that people were paid to say some bad things about Pfizer just because they have been doing so well. Ridiculous!

So will you stop researching "things" about Pfizer now?

So will you stop researching "things" about Pfizer now?
    I haven’t researched since last night. If I feel the need to read about it, instead I’ve been looking at this forum and seeing all the positive responses about it!
    I am still quite nervous for tomorrow, but at the same time I wish to have it done and over with. I can’t live with this fear and anxiety anymore, it makes me sick.

A very good reason to overcome your anxiety about the jab and start protecting yourself against covid.

I'm 4 weeks post 2nd Pfizer jab and still standing. I'm sure there are plenty of scare stories out there but I chose not to seek them out because there was no point. My decision was the only one that mattered and I wanted any protection that a vaccine could offer.

A very good reason to overcome your anxiety about the jab and start protecting yourself against covid.

I'm 4 weeks post 2nd Pfizer jab and still standing. I'm sure there are plenty of scare stories out there but I chose not to seek them out because there was no point. My decision was the only one that mattered and I wanted any protection that a vaccine could offer.
    Im so happy to hear about your experience, Pulisa. That’s so great and you’re right. The only thing that matters is your own decision. And I actually want the vaccine.

I just got back from stopping by the pharmacy. I spoke with the pharmacist for a little bit I also got to see the waiting area, which had no more than 10 chairs, probably less. The pharmacist told me I have nothing to worry about and that he already has both jabs of Pfizer. I’m praying my anxiety tomorrow isn’t terrible and I go through with it. Feeling a little calmer now after visiting.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information