Hi all, I’m a long time lurker and this is my first post. I usually substitute Dr Google for NMP and it always makes me feel better when I know others have the same niggles.

For the last few days the whole underside of my hands is a little sore, sensitive and inflamed, but not in the way you’d usually get it. The skin feels tight basically and looks mottled. It’s the whole underside of both hands. It does not look like the palmar ... disorder, it’s the whole underside of the hands.

I was overdoing the sanitiser and washing so stopped that a good few days ago but the tight / soreness remains. Then sometimes I look at them and they look fine! Basically feels like mild sunburn. Any experience anyone?

I’m 45, eat well (usually) and try and exercise. I do drink too much, but not enough to cause issues I wouldn’t have thought. (I have dry months and two kids so I’d imagine serious liver disease is unlikely). My liver could be fatty as I am a little overweight (bmi 27). But overall no chronic illness and generally heathy, in body anyway.

I am just getting over a massively stressful period so usually get some nice stress hangover flare ups, but this one is a stumper. I do not want any tests as they are massively triggering for me, so hoping for some ‘me too!’ reassurance!