Thread: Is it just astigmatism or something more serious?

Is it just astigmatism or something more serious?

Two weeks ago I woke up and my vision out of my right eye was blurry and I was seeing halos around lights. I went to the eye doctor and she initially said that my eye was strained/irritated because I'm on my phone/computer all day. After treatment with drops, different examinations and 5 visits she told me that I had astigmatism (so it's not irritated?) and changed my glass prescription. BUT just as I was about to leave she gave me a warning: If I start seeing double or the blurriness comes back and if my arm/leg goes numb I should seek medical help immediately. Now, as a hypochondriac I know very well what vision problems and numbness mean. She thinks I might have MS. I'm terrified. I know that I will experience numbness just because she told me it's a possibility. How will I know if it's my anxiety or something more sinister? How am I supposed to live with this hanging over my head? I'm devastated

Re: Is it just astigmatism or something more serious?

Pull yourself together tbh, stop the ridiculous predictive catastrophising.

You had your eye examined and you were told what the problem was. Your optician used a phrase at the end of the appointment asking you to come back IF your condition changes or worsens, and you have condemned yourself to a life of pain and suffering because of it.

Maybe try NOT being on your phone 'all the time' (known to be terrible for eyesight) and no more 'research' on google about what diseases you don't have this week.

I'm always shocked by how rude some people in this forum are. I thought it was a support forum, oh well.

My optician told me the same thing and when I asked why she said it’s all to do with detached retina I think. Nothing to do with MS.
    I think opticians have to say it, so don’t let yourself catastrophise a simple statement.

Joe wasn’t being rude, but in his own Joe type way he was pointing out some common sense things that might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information