Thread: Worried about my child’s stomach pain

Worried about my child’s stomach pain

Hi everyone.
    My 6 year old has been complaining about tummy pain off and on for 5 days now. He’s also very scared because the pain isn’t going away. Well we took him to the walk in today to get checked out. They thought it might be a possible appendicitis so they referred us to a children’s hospital instead. So we went to the children’s hospital and they pushed on his stomach, did a urine test, and blood test. They don’t see anything wrong with him. So they told us to go home. But my son is still getting stressed out because the pain keeps coming back. It’s over his belly button. I feel so helpless I don’t know what to do. I just want my baby to feel better! Does anyone have any advice? Why did they send us home if his still in pain, with no diagnosis. :(

Re: Worried about my child’s stomach pain

Tummy pain is very common in children, mine gets it a lot too. Are there certain times of day it’s worse?
    We cut out as much dairy as possible and stay away from acid inducing foods.
    Could it be reflux too? Does he sometimes feel it in his throat?
    It’s good that they have ruled out anything serious, so now try working with what you have and maybe keeping a food diary & notice what times he is getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Worried about my child’s stomach pain

My daughter has had ongoing belly pain for 3 years now shes had blood done all normal , just waiting for lactose results to come back, she feels it in her chest too, I think with hers its ibs and anxiety be ause she is such a worrier also, its worrying when they are in pain

Thread Information