Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petrified of BC/IBC after finding red mark

Petrified of BC/IBC after finding red mark

Hi,
    The title pretty much sums it up but to go in to more detail I found a red mark on my areola that almost looks like a bug bite, I’ve noticed one or two on my other areola now too. I stupidly decided to Google my symptoms and have gone in to absolute over drive. I checked my boobs and could see some large pores on both of them too which I honestly cannot remember if they have always been there or not but I’m scared it’s the ‘orange peel’ symptom that a lot of people with IBC report. I have convinced myself I have breast cancer and feel totally helpless. I had my SO double check for me and he says he can’t notice anything different and the red mark has been there a while which I can’t decide is a good. or bad thing. I did have some dryness around my nipples which has cleared up with Vaseline. I am almost coming to the end of my monthly right now too so I don’t know if that has anything to do with anything but it’s not something I’ve noticed before. My anxiety has been awful lately in general due to COVID and finding a job, I haven’t suffered with HA for almost 6 years now but I’m going in a downward spiral again and really need some help. I do plan on going to the drs with my concern, not only with the issues on my breast but for my HA again. I’m only 27 years old and feel my life is totally ruined right now :(

Re: Petrified of BC/IBC after finding red mark

Just no, okay? It's not IBC unless you have a red area that covers at least one third of the breast. IBC is rare, sudden and a lot bigger than a bug bite. The large pores can just be a function of having larger breasts.

Trust your SO; he doesn't have health anxiety and is saner than you. I say this from a place of love, as I used to fall down this rabbit hole all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Just no, okay? It's not IBC unless you have a red area that covers at least one third of the breast. IBC is rare, sudden and a lot bigger than a bug bite. The large pores can just be a function of having larger breasts.

Trust your SO; he doesn't have health anxiety and is saner than you. I say this from a place of love, as I used to fall down this rabbit hole all the time.
    Thank you I think this is what I needed to hear. I haven’t had HA for so long I forgot how hard it is to come back out of the rabbit hole again

Horrible, isn't it? But we all have blips occasionally. Don't beat yourself up about it, okay?

Doctor found lump during breast exam

Hi all,
    I posted here a couple of weeks ago about some redness on my breast, it went and came back but in a new spot this time and pain in both breasts so I went to the drs to figure it out.
    I’ve just come home from the drs in an absolute state, she examined me and said she found a nodule lump. She wants to see me again after my period is over to check it again as she said it may be hormonal/glandular but if it’s still there I will have to go to the breast clinic. I feel horrendous and keep thinking about if it’s still going to be there. I have never noticed it before until today and it’s just completely thrown me. She didn’t mention anything about the red mark or my sore nipples. I’m only 27 and it’s all I can think about, the next 2 weeks are going to kill me not knowing what’s going on. She said if it was a major concern she would’ve referred me today but she wants to check once my current cycle is over, I’m really scared I have BC. Has anyone else had something similar? I just feel really alone.

Re: Doctor found lump during breast exam

I’m sorry your having a hard time. It’s good that the Dr wasn’t concerned enough to send you straight away, and being 27 you have ge on your side. Sometimes lumps can be nothing more than cyst or you just may have lumpy breasts.
    Try to distract yourself whilst you wait with movies or going to girlfriends,or anything to keep your mind off it till then. Nigh times I listen to podcasts to keep my mind from lurking into the dreaded what if land.
    good luck,I’m sure you will be fine x

Re: Doctor found lump during breast exam

Thank you so much.
    It’s been absolutely awful today, though my husband knew exactly what lump the doctor found and exactly where it was, apparently it’s been there for years and he’s even told me about it in the past but I guess my HA was busy thinking about something else at the time.
    I’m really hoping it’s nothing I’m so tired but I can’t relax at all.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi,

me again. I’m so scared, I have my second doctors appointment tomorrow morning :( it’s to check the lump is still there after my period which I’m pretty sure it still is. I know she’ll send me for an ultrasound which I don’t think I’m mentally prepared for. I’m so convinced I have BC. I’ve had really bad panic attacks today, I just want all of this to be over with, it’s totally ruined my life the last few weeks.

Going through this exact same thing right now. I’m sick. My derm knew nothing about ibc. My rash is on one breast. Perfectly circular. It’s a red circle then white and then red inside that. It’s getting bigger but my boobs are huge so not quite 1/3 of my breast. I can cover most of it with a larger size bandaid and my breasts are a 38 e so that isn’t much. I also have noticed more veins like purple red veins but I had those checked 6 months ago and they are on both breasts not just one. I do have red mark under the rash but I haven’t stopped touching the rash so I could have done that. No swelling. I’ve had pain in both of them at points but that’s been going on for years and I’ve chalked it up to anxiety. No burning. I’m so terrified.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information